Old Man Jenkins
Old Man Jenkins is a joke character who usually shows up as a bit gag. Other times, he is seen as a character model in the background, and is one of the more common background incidentals, like Fred and Larry the Lobster. His first appearance was in the episode: Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy.
 What His Purpose Is
Old Man Jenkins is an old man who is sometimes used as a character in the SpongeBob Series to make fun of or to be mean to, in order to further the comedic element of the episode. For example in the episode: My Pretty Seahorse, SpongeBob's pet seahorse Mystery swallows Old Man Jenkins, this makes the situation of Mystery eating everything more humorous. Another example of this is in the episode: The Bully, Flats the Flounder threatens to beat SpongeBob up and then SpongeBob runs through Bikini Bottom saying, "He's going to kick my butt!" The first person the people on the streets see (in the direction that SpongeBob is pointing at) is Old Man Jenkins, again making SpongeBob's situation a lot funnier. Old man Jenkins had a different appearance around seasons 4-to now. This is his older version. In the previous episodes, he's younger.
Old Man Jenkins was most seen in the episode: The Sponge Who Could Fly. In that episode, Old Man Jenkins is making corn until SpongeBob, who is trying to fly, crashes into his field. He then yells out, "I knew nothing good would come from city folk and their flying machines!" Then when SpongeBob is trying to save Old Man Jenkins by putting the light back into the lighthouse, he moves out of the way and crashes into a rock. In the end, Old Man Jenkins gets his own cannon and chases down SpongeBob on his flying pants. The city folk roared for "cannonball Jenkins."Also, in the episode: My Pretty Seahorse, he was eaten by Mystery. While inside her, he was heard saying, "I don't want to be a burden."
He was also bluntly seen in the episode: Sailor Mouth where SpongeBob and Patrick and Mr. Krabs use the bad pirate language. When SpongeBob, Patrick and Mr. Krabs were cleaning Mama Krabs house, Mama Krabs hurt herself and it looked like she used the bad pirate language but it was actually Old Man Jenkins in his jalopy. He is apparently a member of the 'Mild Ones', a senior biker gang who only appeared in the episode Born To Be Wild. In Friend or Foe?, he got knocked out after eating a poisoned patty that Mr. Krabs and Plankton made. He is usually locked in the Krusty Krab at closing time. Old Man Jenkins has changed a lot, or there could be just multiple and different Old Man Jenkinses. He also appeared in a flashback of SpongeBob in the episode Missing Identity.
Other than these appearances in the series, Old Man Jenkins is seen as a cameo in many episodes.
Other minor appearances:
- As Seen on TV
- Born To Be Wild
- Roller Cowards
- Toy Store of Doom
- Goo Goo Gas
- Krabs a la mode
- Whatever Happened To SpongeBob?
- Sandy, SpongeBob and the Worm
- Fear of a Krabby Patty (cameo)
- The Main Drain
- Welcome to the Bikini Bottom Triangle
- Drive Thru
- Little Yellow Book
 Different Versions
Old Man Jenkins looks different in many episodes and does certain things in the episodes.
- Old Man Jenkins, a farmer, a sailor and he is also known as Cannonball Jenkins.
- Old Man Jenkins, a citizen, driving a very old car. He called the Krusty Krab a "Gutter Mouth Convention".
- Old Man Jenkins, a bluish fish. He was swallowed by Mystery the Seahorse.
- Old Man Jenkins, a common customer at the Krusty Krab. This is the primary Old Man Jenkins with glasses, a white shirt, green wrinkled skin, and here's a hint: he's the Jenkins who watched "Bran Flakes" from As Seen on TV.
- Old Man Jenkins, a citizen, driving a boat mobile and kept running over Plankton, although he didn't notice because he was in a line at the new drive thru at the Krusty Krab.
- Old Man Jenkins, a green fish with a gray beard, seen in Friend or Foe and The Main Drain.
 Voice Actors
- He is the host of the final stage in the story mode of Lights, Camera, Pants!
- He once mistook SpongeBob for a box of Bran Flakes.
- As revealed in SpongeGuard on Duty, he is Larry's father.
- In most episodes, he had a cane. In Rule of Dumb, he had a walker.
- In Roller Cowards, he has a medical condition, and it's his birthday.
- He does not know the location of The Main Drain.
- "If you could pull out your eye and put it on him, wouldn't that make you a zombie, too?"
- "I'm glad I gave up farming!"
- "I knew no good would come from city folk & their flyin' machines!
- "Why,why,whhhyyy,why wont you let me ride the ride?"
- "Yep, see you later Bran Flakes! What a nice cereal box."
- "But it's my birthday!"
- "Locked in again!"
- "What did I miss?"
- "Don't rush me young woman!"
- "Don't start!"
- "I want my Krabby flabby!"
- "Where we going now boys?"
- "Hey whats going on? Whoa, whoa!"
- "I hope I don't miss again."
- "Excuse me Miss! What a fox!"
- "Just like we raised him."
- "I don't wanna be a burden."
- "Howdy, Mrs. K.!"