Sheldon J. Plankton
|Sheldon J. Plankton|
|Born:||November 30, 1942|
|Nickname:||Plank, Plankton, Planky, Plank O Chums or Shelly|
|Address:||The Chum Bucket, Bikini Bottom, Pacific Ocean|
|Eye color:||Red and yellow|
|Weight:||Very light (1mg)|
|Job(s):||Chum Bucket's founder, employee, and boss
|Family:||Lots of Hoboes|
|Friends:||Mrs. Krabs, Mr. Krabs (when they were babies until they were kids)|
|Rival:||Mr. Krabs (arch enemy), SpongeBob, Squidward, Patrick, Sandy|
|Interests:||Stealing Mr. Krabs's Formula for the best burger in the sea|
|Favorite activity:||To Steal the Krabby Patty Secret Formula, Ruling the World (Got carried away with that), Getting Revenge on Mr. Krabs|
Sheldon Plankton is Eugene Krabs's arch enemy. He often goes by just Plankton. He wants to steal the Krabby Patty Secret Formula, so that his restaurant, the Chum Bucket becomes famous and the Krusty Krab goes down. But in the episode Friend or Foe? it is revealed that Mr. Krabs and Plankton were once best friends , but eventually became enemies after a scuffle involving a food recipe.
Sheldon and Eugene were in the same kindergarten and same School and also were in a university.
He lives with his computer W.I.F.E. Karen Plankton and a Labrador in his own restaurant. Sheldon stole Karen from a hospital (Friend or Foe?)
According to his analyzer, Sheldon is made up of 1% evil and 99% hot gas. In Friend or Foe?, despite Karen's truth, Plankton really does want the Krabby Patty formula for ruling the world but also Mr. Krabs wants the Krabby Patty formula for making lots and lots of money.
Sheldon is very jealous, but he is sneaky and nearly arrives to steal the mysterious Krabby Patty Formula. He never arrives it because he is overhasty and impatient. He thinks he can outgun everyone and doesn't want to believe that he is small. Before he became Mr. Krabs's enemy, he was his only friend. Everyone else laughed at him because he is so small and easy to beat, but because Mr. Krabs was with him he wasn't too angry. But after becoming enemies with him, he wants to govern the world and rule everyone who laugh or laughed at him. He often rips SpongeBob off, because he thinks SpongeBob is silly and babyish, also because SpongeBob happens to know the Krabby Patty's ingredients. (He puts upon SpongeBob in episodes like Walking Small or Plankton!.) Plankton is the main antagonist of the SpongeBob SquarePants TV series. He is also SpongeBob's arch nemesis.
Plankton is small and jelly bean shaped. He has one eye that has a red pupil. He has long antennae. His arms are stubby, and he has a dark green color.
Main article: List of Plankton's Plans
- In the episode "Plankton!" he uses a mind control device on SpongeBob, but SpongeBob resists a bit and because of SpongeBob's inviting description of the Krabby Patty, Plankton lunges for a Krabby Patty and falls into his analyzer. Plankton becomes trapped inside Karen, and tells SpongeBob that he'll settle for some fries.
- In "F.U.N." SpongeBob teaches Plankton to have "F.U.N." and they become friends. Nevertheless, Plankton rips SpongeBob off, so that he gets the formula. But he slams into solid concrete behind a movie theater screen.
- In "Imitation Krabs" Plankton arrives to get rid of Krabs for a while, so that he can clad him as Mr. Krabs, but Mr. Krabs returns to the Krusty Krab. SpongeBob is unable to figure out who is the real Mr. Krabs so he runs a quiz show. Plankton won the quiz show so SpongeBob gave Plankton the formula. SpongeBob finds a penny and puts it in the Krabs robot's self destruct slot, so Plankton goes to the Chum Bucket and gets blown up.
- In "Plankton's Army" Plankton fails to get the formula, so he decides to call in for help (actually Karen's idea). He tries a bar filled with strong fish, but he is violently attacked by them, so he calls in his family. He hopes and assumes that they are evil geniuses like him, but, in reality, they are dumb and clumsy. They say they'll help if they get rewarded with root beer. They invade the Krusty Krab and trap Mr. Krabs and Squidward in a toilet (SpongeBob was mopping the Bathroom). Plankton's family figures out the code for Mr. Krabs's safe, Plankton gets the book of the recipe even though Mr. Krabs asked him not to, but the formula says that Grounded Plankton are part of the recipe. Plankton and his family retreats when Mr. Krabs made it sound like he was going to use Plankton as Part of the recipe. Mr. Krabs tell SpongeBob and Squidward that the book wasn't the real formula, and that he's sure that Plankton will be back someday to discover what and where the real formula is.
- In "Welcome to the Chum Bucket" Mr. Krabs loses SpongeBob in a card-game against Plankton. Now SpongeBob must work for Plankton, who wants SpongeBob to prepare a Krabby Patty but SpongeBob is too upset to. Therefore, Plankton implants SpongeBob's brain in a robot, but it does not make the Krabby Patty either. Plankton returns SpongeBob's brain and is desperate to offload him on Mr. Krabs, so desperate he gives Mr. Krabs $50.
- In "Krusty Krab Training Video" Plankton steals a Krabby Patty and goes away with a vehicle which looks like an insect, but it is so slow that Mr. Krabs can stop it by merely walking.
- In "Fear of a Krabby Patty" Plankton opens the Chum Bucket 23 hours a day, convincing Mr. Krabs to open the Krusty Krab 24 hours a day. Pretending to a be a customer, Peter Lankton, Plankton orders 10,000 Krabby Patties. After many days of working without sleep or rest, SpongeBob starts hallucinating, and develops a fear of Krabby Patties. SpongeBob goes to a psychiatrist, who is Plankton under his "Peter Lankton" guise. Plankton tries to get the formula by hypnotizing Spongebob and making him say it, but SpongeBob falls asleep in the process, and is cured. SpongeBob begins working again, and Plankton is upset that he failed to get the formula.
- In "Friend or Foe?" Plankton tells Mr. Krabs he has wanted to steal the formula so that they will become friends. During a heartfelt hug, Plankton notices the formula is in Mr. Krabs’s trouser pocket and he takes it. Plankton and Karen want to disappear and SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs want to hold them up.
- In the "The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie Plankton learns there are 26 letters in the alphabet and realizes he has an "Evil Plan Z", where he steals the crown of King Neptune, delivers it to Shell City (a gift shop located on the surface), and frames the theft on Mr. Krabs. He executes it and King Neptune freezes Mr. Krabs and gives him six days for his name to be cleared before his execution. While Krabs is frozen, Plankton successfully steals the Krabby Patty formula and begins producing Krabby Patties, giving free bucket helmets away with each one. The helmets are, in fact, mind-control devices which Plankton uses to make the citizens bend to his will and change Bikini Bottom to suit his image, renaming the city "Planktopolis." Unfortunately for Plankton, SpongeBob and Patrick manage to retrieve the crown and bring it back to King Neptune, and frees the townspeople from Plankton's control by using the power of rock and roll. Plankton is trampled before he can escape and a while later, the cops take him to prison for illegal mind-controlling.
- In Komputer Overload, Plankton builds 3 robots: the T-119A Compumatic, the Noxious Enterprises' Super SPU-31 Liquid-Cooled Mobile Processing Unit, and the Command Module to replace Karen, who had left. He then puts the 3 robots together, making one big robot to get the secret formula. He threatens SpongeBob, who had been thrown outside by Mr. Krabs, to "tell Krabs that if he doesn't turn over the formula to me, he'll be subjected to utter annihilation at my hands" (but SpongeBob doesn't get that, so he puts it in simlper words: "Krabs give me secret formula or I bring big boom boom to the Krusty Krab", but SpongeBob doesn't understand that either). Plankton attacks the Krusty Krab, declaring "Bring on the boom boom!" However, the extension cord used to power the robot is unplugged, deactivating it. SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs laugh at Plankton's expense as the robot collapses. Karen comes back to Plankton, but only to get her keyboard. Plankton apologizes and goes back to the Chum Bucket with Karen.
- In Someone's in the Kitchen with Sandy, Plankton gets trapped in Sandy's air suit. Seeing how generously she received a Krabby Patty, he later stole her pelt, but then Sandy stopped him and imprisoned him in a jar of mustard.
- In Atlantis SquarePantis Plankton plans to use Atlantis's powerful weapons on the gang to become emperor of the city. He is dumbfounded when he realizes it only shoots ice cream.
- In Bucket Sweet Bucket, Plankton tricks SpongeBob, Patrick, and Squidward to fix up the Chum Bucket. He goes to the Krusty Krab where he tries to get the formula. He succeeds, but finds out it is not the secret formula, but a to do list. He goes back to the Chum Bucket where he discovers that SpongeBob and Patrick turned the Chum Bucket into the Krusty Krab. Mr. Krabs comes back from his vacation to Africa, and he reveals that he took the formula with him on vacation. He then takes back the Krusty Krab afterwards, which has underwent major improvement thanks to Squidward. Karen scolds Plankton for his miserable failure.
- In Truth or Square, Plankton tries to steal the formula while SpongeBob, Patrick, Squidward, and Mr. Krabs are trapped in the air duct. Plankton is caught by Mr. Krabs after they get out.
- In 1979, Plankton asked nicely to Mr. Krabs Can I please have the secret formula? and Krabs refuses.
- In Plankton!, he gets under the Krabby Patty and tries to get out of the Krusty Krab.
- In Imitation Krabs, he goes under a fish-robot and asks SpongeBob the formula to win $1,000,000 (the dollar was fake)
- In "Culture Shock" Plankton tries to steal a Krabby Patty by conjuring, but he exposes himself with his magic.
- In the video game Battle for Bikini Bottom Plankton builds a machine that he uses to create an army of loyal robots, but he forgets to set a switch on the machine to Obey Plankton, and also even makes a robot clone of himself, which results in the end of his plan.
- He never wins. When he thinks that nothing can come between him and the formula, he gets ahead of himself and eventually does not obtain it.
- Curiously, he fights with people who can easily beat him. In the episode Plankton's Army, he is beaten up by tall, muscular fish.
- In the Nickelodeon dictionary, it says that Plankton's uncle is from Russia and speaks a language called Planktonese.
- In the episode Mermaid Man vs. SpongeBob, Karen buys a Krabby Kids meal for Plankton which includes a Pipsqueak Patty, implying that Plankton has acquired a Krabby Patty, however his objective in the episode was to bring customers to the Chum Bucket.
- Mr. Krabs and Plankton are twins in time, as they were born on the same day, month, and year.
- For unknown reasons, Plankton has a phone in his bathtub. (See photo titled "Yo")
- Plankton seems to change size in every episode he appears in (his 5 in. measuring stick say he is 2 in. tall in "Komputer Overload").
- His analyzer could be wrong because Plankton is really evil as seen in the movie when he steals the formula and conquers Bikini Bottom. Plus, in some episodes he uses SpongeBob and friends in his plans to take the formula.
- Plankton appears in the middle of the United Plankton Pictures logo in a crudely hand-drawn "form" along with his famliy and is yellow.
- SpongeBob has said "good luck with that" to Plankton multiple times.
- Mr. Krabs tried to give him the Krabby Patty Secret Formula in SpongeBob's Last Stand (Plan Z-909).
- "I went to college!"
- "Now bow before the New King of Atlantis!"
- "Can I have the secret formula?"
- "Are you SpongeBob SquarePants???"
- "I never thought I'd get this far."
- "Why do I always get beaten up by people bigger than me?"
- "I will destroy all of you!"
- "Curse You!!!"
- "Holographic Meatloaf? MY FAVORITE!"
- "Well this stinks!"
- "Back for more of my delicious chum, I see!"
- "You will regret this!"
- "Felicitations malefactors!"
- "You'll pay for this, Krabs!"
- "When am I going to get some real food? Mr. Krabs gets to eat real food. Just look at his daughter, shes as big as a whale!"
- In The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie Chapter 13, Plankton got arrested for getting his hands on the formula, stealing King Neptune's crown and enslaving Bikini Bottom.
- In Krabby Road, Plankton got arrested and locked in a cage for making SpongeBob call the police.
- In Goo Goo Gas, Plankton got free from the larger-than-him handcuffs.
- In Someone's in the Kitchen with Sandy, Plankton got caught by Sandy who was arrested.