Born To Be Wild (Episode)
|Born To Be Wild
|March 31, 2007
|Rule of Dumb
Born To Be Wild is an episode from Season 4.
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Patrick Star
- Mr. Krabs
- The Mild Ones (debut)
- Sadie Rechid
- Billy (Teenager)
- Nat Peterson
- Customers at the Krusty Krab
- Walter Haddock (debut)
- Goofy Goober (name on underwear)
SpongeBob is jellyfishing. Some men on motorcycles drive past him, and SpongeBob holds on to one of the men's jackets, ripping a 'W' off the jacket. He looks at the jacket when he has to let go of it. He presumes it says 'The ild Ones', but he soon notices the 'W' in his hand and figures out that they are called 'The Wild Ones'. After someone tells him about the Wild Ones, SpongeBob runs to tell Mr. Krabs (actually, SpongeBob "takes the shortcut, which is a piggyback ride on a bubble). Mr. Krabs of course believes that the Wild Ones are coming to eat Krabby Patties, and makes the Krusty Krab biker themed, so SpongeBob tells Patrick. Mr. Krabs puts up a banner saying 'WELCOME WILD ONES!' on the Krusty Krab and raises his prices in order to get them to eat there after hearing SpongeBob describes them as "ravenous". SpongeBob is worried because he is scared for the people of Bikini Bottoms safety After Patrick says that if they dressed up like bikers, they would be the big scary bikers, SpongeBob and Patrick decide to dress in biker attire and ride into town on a paddle-unicycle and a paddle-tricycle, respectively. After the bikers arrive at The Krusty Krab and after Patrick abandons SpongeBob and leaves Bikini Bottom, it turns out that they are old folk. The actual name of the biker gang is 'The Mild Ones'. SpongeBob had the 'M' upside-down. The biker that had the "M" ripped off his jacket gets his "M" back from SpongeBob and The Mild Ones ride away. Shortly after this, it is revealed that Squidward decided to go with them.
 Cultural References
- The title is based on the Steppenwolf song "Born to Be Wild".
- The show Squirrel Boy parodies the episode's title, and makes an episode called Born to be Mild.
- Once, it revealed that SpongeBob is frightened because they ran out of napkins.
- The Mild Ones' leader is Old Man Jenkins.
- It has revealed that Jellyfish Fields is 50 miles away from Bikini Bottom.
- This is the last episode to use a title card written in white with one other color as a background color. The others before this episode were Chimps Ahoy, Have You Seen This Snail?, Wet Painters, and the Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy episodes.
- The title card uses the same name of the Steppenwolf song Born to Be Wild.
- The bubbles that go up usually do that to enter another scene. SpongeBob thinks of them as a shortcut, and, thus, the 4th Wall is broken.
- Blood is shown in this episode as Mr. Krabs told that the jackets have real bloodstains.
- This is the second time Patrick's Goofy Goober UnderPants have been shown. The First was The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie.
- This is the final episode aired in March.
|← Season 3 Season 4 Season 5 →