Sailor Mouth (Episode)
|Airdate:||21 September 2001|
|Previous Episode:||I'm with Stupid|
|Next Episode:||Artist Unknown|
|SpongeBob SquarePants||Tom Kenny|
|Squidward Tentacles||Rodger Bumpass|
|Patrick Star||Bill Fagerbakke|
|Mr. Krabs||Clancy Brown|
SpongeBob and Patrick learn a 'bad word' from the dumpster writing, and start repeating it to the shocked patrons of the Krusty Krab (censored with a vocalation of a dolphin), but Mr. Krabs does not like this! He stops SpongeBob and Patrick from using the word by informing them that it is a bad word, then SpongeBob and Patrick regret their uttering. Even when the 2 boys are playing Eels and Escalators, SpongeBob says the word when he gets upset over always rolling "eels". This makes Patrick run to the Krusty Krab and tell Mr. Krabs that SpongeBob said the word. But Patrick also said it so they were both running to tell Mr. Krabs. Mr. Krabs then finds out.
After that, Mr. Krabs is punishing them, but he hurts himself and starts shouting out the other 12 bad words he said not to say, so SpongeBob and Patrick tattletale Mama Krabs on Mr. Krabs for "Bad Words". However, they accidentally yell every other 'bad word,' which supposedly gives Mama Krabs a heart attack. But it turns out she faked it and then forces them to paint her house. Then she hurts herself the same way Mr. Krabs did and yells one of the bad words. But it is revealed she didn't say one of the bad words, instead it was the horn of Old Man Jenkins' car horn which had censored what she said. The episode ends with SpongeBob, Patrick, and Mr. Krabs laughing.
- This is the first episode that uses a song in the title card instead of instrumental music.
- The song in the title card is called "Sailing Over the Dogger Bank" by Brian Douglas Gulland from the Associated Production Music album Seafarers, Smugglers & Shipwreck.
- Squidward has an ear in this episode.
- The first appearance of Betsy Krabs.
- When SpongeBob says "let's play a nice wholesome game of Eels and Escalators," we see a close up of the board, and you can see Patrick's legs. But he is actually lying on his stomach during the scene.
- When Patrick came in to tell Mr. Krabs that SpongeBob said #11, he had ice cream all over his face. In a few seconds, it is gone.
- The game that SpongeBob and Patrick play is Eels and Escalators. It's similar to the game Chutes and Ladders.
- Plankton says Bad Word #11 in Battle for Bikini Bottom PC Game.
- The dolphin chirps are also heard in SpongeBob SquarePants: The Movie PC game. But the "word" isn't #11. Instead David Hasselhoff is said (it was censored out, because the makers didn't want anyone to know who the special guest was).
- When SpongeBob went in the Krusty Krab, one of his eyes was enlarged.
- When the kid octopus was laughing, his hat was red. Before the mother octopus put the cup on his head, his hat was then blue.
- Mr. Krabs says that there are 13 bad words you should never use, Squidward responds by saying "Don't you mean there are only seven?". This is a reference to the 7 Dirty Words.
- Eels and escalators has two dice but what happens when you roll an eel and an escalator?
|← Season 1 Season 2 Season 3 →|