Fear of a Krabby Patty (Episode)
|Fear of a Krabby Patty|
|Airdate:||May 6, 2005|
|Previous Episode:||Pranks a Lot|
|Next Episode:||Shell of a Man|
|SpongeBob SquarePants||Tom Kenny|
|Patrick Star||Bill Fagerbakke|
|Squidward Tentacles||Rodger Bumpass|
|Mr. Krabs||Clancy Brown|
"Fear of a Krabby Patty" is an episode from Season 4.
- Mr. Krabs
- Krabby Patty
- Old Man Jenkins
- Dr. Peter Lankton
Mr. Krabs finishes painting a sign that says that the Krusty Krab is going to be open from 6:00 am to 11:00 pm. Naturally Squidward is furious and SpongeBob is furious too, but only because he wants to start working earlier. He sees Plankton's sign on the Chum Bucket that says 'Chum Bucket open 23 hours'. Mr. Krabs makes the Krusty Krab open 24 hours. When Squidward hears it, he complains but SpongeBob is delighted. Mr. Krabs rings a bell and announces the number day it is of the non-stop service each day. Days later, Plankton calls and orders thousands of Krabby Patties. Each day SpongeBob makes patties and counts the patties. As the days go on different scenes fly across the screen including Old Man Jenkins saying "Hey, what the..." SpongeBob can't do it and begins to think that everyone is a Krabby Patty. Mr. Krabs tells SpongeBob to see a psychiatrist. SpongeBob goes to the Chum Bucket because it says 'Dr. P. Lankton: Psychiatrist, specializing in Krabby Patty phobias'. Plankton tries to make SpongeBob say the Krabby Patty formula including arranging names of common kitchen ingredients, but not all methods work. Finally, Plankton hypnotizes SpongeBob and tells him to say the Krabby Patty formula when he wakes up. However, SpongeBob doesn't wake up when Plankton tells him to. SpongeBob is dreaming about a Krabby Patty. It gives him a cookie pizza and some chocolate milk so SpongeBob is not scared of Krabby Patties anymore. He wakes up, thanks Plankton and runs to the Krusty Krab. Mr. Krabs tells SpongeBob that the Krusty Krab will be open for 23 hours. After that, the episode ends.
- SpongeBob's voice is significantly more high pitched.
- When the giant Krabby Patty in SpongeBob's dream says "I'll always be with you...right here" it pokes SpongeBob in the chest. You will also see that its finger is lit up. This is a reference to the movie E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial, because E.T. did the same thing to Elliot in the movie.
- This is the first episode where things float across the screen to show time passage. A similar one is featured in Skill Crane.
- This was the first episode to be produced in the post-movie era.
- This is the second episode for the Krusty Krab to be open 24 hours. The first is Graveyard Shift. However, Mr.Krabs stays at the Krusty Krab this time.
- When SpongeBob enters the Chum Bucket for treatment, we see him walk by the menu. In the next shot we see that he still has not walked past the menu.
- In one scene Mr. Krabs paints the new hours of the Krusty Krab, later he changes it using a pencil.
- This episode is referenced in the Nick Arcade and Midnight Synergy game, Krabby Quest, a game similar to Midnight Synergy's Wonderland games
|← Season 3 Season 4 Season 5 →|