Jack Kahuna Laguna
Jack Kahuna Laguna appears in SpongeBob SquarePants vs. The Big One. His nickname is JKL. He is voiced by Johnny Depp. He lives in a grass hut on Kahamamoku Cove. He has a very long surfboard. He told SpongeBob, Patrick and Squidward about the The Big One and that one of them had to sacrifice himself. Finally he was the sacrifice, but before the Big One ate him, he said:"I was born to do this". He actually survived the Big One and joined the party with SpongeBob, Patrick, Squidward, Mr. Krabs, Sandy, etc. He also saved Cashy.
 His instructions for perfect surfing
- Just keep breathing
- Stare into a fire all night, and the secrets will be revealed
- Watch him surf for two and a half hours
- He may be a fish, or a merman, like Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy.
- He probably is a merman, since fish can't have hair, but this can be debated considering some female fish have hair, and in the episode, Krabby Road, patrick grew his own hair in various areas.
- SpongeBob, Patrick, and Squidward shouldn't have believed Twitch about JKL. According to Twitch, they made JKL's legend up. He clearly said, "WE SAY THAT legend says that JKL was last seen at Kahamamoku Cove, where every wave is perfect." (see the transcript for SpongeBob vs. the Big One)