Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy VI: The Motion Picture (Episode)
|Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy VI: The Motion Picture|
|Airdate:||October 7, 2005|
|Previous Episode:||Enemy In-Law|
|Next Episode:||Patrick SmartPants|
|SpongeBob SquarePants||Tom Kenny|
|Patrick Star||Bill Fagerbakke|
|Squidward Tentacles||Rodger Bumpass|
|Sandy Cheeks||Carolyn Lawrence|
|Mr. Krabs||Clancy Brown|
Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy: The Motion Picture is an episode from Season 4.
- Mr. Krabs
- Mermaid Man
- Barnacle Boy
- Kelp Thing
- The Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy Fan Club
- Retired Fish
- Nat Peterson
- Actors for the MN and BB movie
 Original Crew for Movie
- SpongeBob: Director
- Patrick: Cameraman
- Mermaid Man: Main Character/Protagonist
- Barnacle Boy: Main Character/Protagonist
- Kelp Thing: Main Antagonist
- Pearl on wheels: Invisible Boat Mobile
- Nat Peterson: Invisible Boat Mobile puller
- Plankton: Boom Operator
- Sandy: Stunts and Explosives Handler
- Squidward: Make-up Artist
SpongeBob and Patrick are at a Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy fan club meeting, where they learn a new movie will be made based on the heroes but they find that the movie is played by younger actors much to SpongeBob's and Patrick's dismay. When SpongeBob and Patrick wants the real Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy to play in the movie they tell the club members that they must boycott the movie, but he and Patrick just get thrown out of the building. Instead, the boys go to Shady Shoals and tell Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy that Drippy Brothers Studio is making a movie about them with new actors. The heroes find the news horrible. Patrick suggests they make their own movie. Everybody likes the idea.
After coming up with ideas, SpongeBob Squarepants and the crew (Sandy Cheeks, Pearl Krabs, Eugene H. Krabs, Patrick Star, Squidward Tentacles, Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy) meet to make the movie. SpongeBob is in charge of the movie. Squidward, the makeup artist, prepares the actors for the movie. Sandy is in charge of using the dynamite for explosion scenes. Mr. Krabs will cater the crew while Pearl is the leading lady. Patrick's the cameraman and Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy are the stars. Plankton auditions for ManRay, but can't have the part because the villain's not in the movie, so he works the boom instead. Mermaid Man has trouble with one of his lines and it takes 5,003 takes to get it right until Plankton accidentally shoves the boom into his mouth.
A scene is filmed where Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy ride their boat mobile (Pearl as The Invisible Boat Mobile) to Kelp-Thing's hideout. Pearl is too heavy to pull, so Nat, who is pulling her, sped off the mountain, crashing into the sets. Patrick filmed it with the lens cap on, and with everything destroyed; there is no footage of the movie. SpongeBob, who goes berserk, knows the movie is ruined. Mermaid Man convinces him to finish the movie and goes on.
Mr. Krabs has a premiere night for SpongeBob's production in his restaurant, hoping to make a bundle from the movie. The leader of the Mermaidman and Barnacleboy Fan Club does pay a lot of money to buy 200 tickets on opening night, but only because the Drippy Bros. production is sold out before the Mermaidman and Barnacleboy movie can be seen. The entire fan club (except SpongeBob, Patrick, Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy) does not like it because it looks like an old timey movie, when Mermaid Man is supposed to say "You can't do that! Its forbidden" he instead says "You can't do that! Forbidden", is about two minutes in length, and when it shows Sandy doing the stunts and when instead of saying "Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy Unite!" Mermaid Man says "'Mermaid... "Click!" "Manicleboy Unite!" . However, Mermaid Man is glad that SpongeBob proved he and Barnacle Boy had "action" left in their old bones.
 Associated Production Music
- Gregor F. Narholz (SpongeBob starting to exaggerate.)
- In some close-up scenes of SpongeBob, he appears more green than yellow.
- Drippy Brothers Studios are a parody of Warner Bros. Studios.
- The Patty Vault appears in the final film.
- Mermaid Man gets a boom microphone stuck in his mouth. Ironically, John Kricfalusi had to redo a similar gag from a Ren and Stimpy episode only a decade before because Nick censors felt it looked too suggestive.
- This is the only episode in the Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy mini-series to have a title card that is different from the usual title card.
- Mermaid Man's Belt is purple since Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy IV.
- The movie SpongeBob and Patrick made mentions a place called Fort Lox. The name is a spoof on the name Fort Knox, which houses tons of gold.
- Plankton is wearing Man Ray's helmet in small size.
- In every movie Mr. Krabs participates in, he wants the plot to involve Krabby Patties being stolen by somebody.
- During the "Bingo" scene, the announcer said, "A-29", even though there is no "A" in "Bingo". Although it could be a slurred "I".
- When SpongeBob said "it's 'stolen Krabby Patties'." for the first time, his right eye enlarged a bit.
- The lens cap suddenly appeared on the camera lens, easily known from when Patrick was seen filming before the lens cap scene.
|← Season 3 Season 4 Season 5 →|