Enemy In-Law (Episode)
|Airdate:||4 October 2005|
|Previous Episode:||Dunces and Dragons|
|Next Episode:||Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy VI: The Motion Picture|
|SpongeBob SquarePants||Tom Kenny|
|Squidward Tentacles||Rodger Bumpass|
|Eugene H. Krabs||Clancy Brown|
Enemy In-Law is an episode from Season 4.
- Mama Krabs
- Mr. Krabs
- Nat Peterson
- The Pink Fish
- Miss Shell
After another attempt to grab customers with his Chumbot, a giant robot, that grabs people to put in the Chum Bucket, Karen tells Plankton that he is a twerp, and Plankton calls Karen his W.I.F.E (Wired Integrated Female Electroencenphalograph). So they argue and then Plankton pushes Karen's off switch. Then while looking out side, Plankton sees a crab that he falls in love with. She agrees to be his girlfriend, and he gets her a new hat, knowing she wants one after he spied on her. The hat was better then the one Mr. Krabs would have gotten her off of a dead person, after he was to cheap to buy one, so when they go on a date at the Krusty Krab(the first time she sees him in person), she got there first and Mr. Krabs wondered who her boyfriend would be. Plankton, shocked to find out that the crab he loves is Mr. Krabs' mom. At the same time Mr. Krabs is shocked that his mom's boyfriend is his worst enemy Plankton. Mama Krabs then tells Mr. Krabs to let her live her own life.
Later, Plankton is back at the Chum Bucket and Mr. Krabs comes in and accuses Plankton of using Mama Krabs to get the Krabby Patty formula. Plankton was not (in fact he had not known that Mama Krabs knew the formula), until now and he gets a plan!
Back at the Krusty Krab, Plankton proposes to Mama Krabs, and she denies the offer-it is then revealed that the Chumbot has supposedly been courting her. Plankton then gets very mad and says that he will let her off if he could have the Krabby Patty formula. Plankton gets chucked out, landing on the on switch on Karen and when he said "So, you've decided to come crawling back to me, eh?", to Karen, Karen replied by threatening him with a laser saying "what did you say" he gets zapped by Karen's laser. It ends with Karen going "That's what I thought you said, honey bunch."
- This is the only episode where a very minor character is in a major role.
- This is the third episode where SpongeBob, the main character, has a minor role. The first two episodes are SB-129 and Plankton's Army, and after many episodes New Leaf was when SpongeBob said 6 lines.
- In The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie, Plankton loves being married to Karen because he enjoys her and agreed to be Karen's husband, but in this episode, Plankton hates Karen and calls her a nagging software. But it is possible his feelings for her changed by then. But also, just because Karen annoys Plankton, it does not necessarily mean he hates her. All husbands and wives argue once in a while.
- In this episode, Mr. Krabs claims that the Krabby Patty recipe is an old Krabs family recipe. However, it is revealed in Friend or Foe? that it was Mr. Krabs himself that created it. Maybe he lied.
- SpongeBob only has 5 lines of dialogue, not counting when he rapidly said, "Okay." while swallowing Mr. Krabs' wallet.
- When Plankton and Mama Krabs are on their date at the Krusty Krab, if you listen closely, you'll hear the same music from Mr. Krabs and Mrs. Puff's date from the episode Krusty Love.
- The title card is the exact same as Welcome to the Chum Bucket. This is the third time this title card appeared. Skill Crane was aired between these two with the same title card, except the color is red.
- This is the first episode Karen and Plankton break up. They did break up in a later episode, Komputer Overload.
- Mama Krabs' fighting muscle arm with the battle ship guns is similar to the Popeye cartoons.
|← Season 3 Season 4 Season 5 →|