Driven to Tears (Episode)
|Driven to Tears|
|Airdate:||19 February 2007|
|Previous Episode:||Hocus Pocus|
|Next Episode:||Rule of Dumb|
|SpongeBob SquarePants||Tom Kenny|
|Patrick Star||Bill Fagerbakke|
|Mr. Krabs||Clancy Brown|
"Driven to Tears" is an episode from Season 4.
SpongeBob and Patrick are going to Mrs. Puff's Boating School. SpongeBob is once again going to take his driving test, but, despite encouragement from Patrick, he flunks miserably. Then Patrick decides to take the driving test, believing that Mrs. Puff was actually manipulating SpongeBob’s tests. He comes up to SpongeBob and says that he passed and got a driver's license. SpongeBob gets disappointed, and gets super mad when people start treating Patrick like a celebrity. He even gets his own hot rod, something which makes SpongeBob envious. SpongeBob gets angrier because Patrick's, boat's engine keeps him up at night, Patrick has to drive SpongeBob to work, and Patrick is talking all the time about driving. Mr. Krabs sets up a drive-thru window for Patrick, and even SpongeBob's own parents are talking more about Patrick than himself. However, when Patrick starts breaking some traffic laws, SpongeBob finally bursts and rips up Patrick's license, the police chase Patrick and SpongeBob. Patrick has done some time in the slammer for not having his driver's license. However, SpongeBob begs to go in his place, and his request was granted. When he gets out of jail, SpongeBob and Patrick realize what Patrick's position did to their friendship, and make up. SpongeBob makes a plate for Patrick's car, but Patrick threw it out because the needle was on E, for end he thought (Patrick ran out of gas in his car)
- The only logical reason why SpongeBob flunks 1,258,056 times in Mrs. Puff, You're Fired, but in this episode he only flunks 58 times is that Mrs. Puff mentioned that the past results record was blown by the explosion at that episode's ending and they had to start all over again.
- The police cars crash in a similar way as in Doing Time and No Free Rides
- SpongeBob's seatbelt goes through his arm.
- When the guards escort Patrick away, he says to SpongeBob, "Don't forget to feed Gary. Sometimes you forget to feed him," a reference to the episode Have You Seen This Snail?
- This is the only Season 4 appearance of Mr. and Mrs. SquarePants.
- Patrick changes color during the close-up near the end.
- It takes 97 seconds for SpongeBob to flunk his test.
- This episode should take place before December 14, 2003 according to the expiration date of Patrick's driver's license.
- How does SpongeBob rip Patrick's license if all licenses are plastic and not paper?
- Charlie was the judge at the courthouse.
- Patrick can't be the one millionth person to pass the test because not that many people live in Bikini Bottom.
- On that note, if Patrick is driving horribly through town, how could he have got his license in the first place? How can Mrs. Puff pass Patrick?! its not that patrick doesn't know how to drive, its he has no regard for the law, he is able to drive fine.
- In Slide Whistle Stooges, Patrick is seen driving again. It is unknown if he renewed his liscense after SpongeBob ripped it into pieces.
- SpongeBob would eventually get his driving liscense if Patrick didn't eat those flash cards in the first place!!
- SpongeBob's parents are jealous at Patrick because he has a license and their son doesn't. We can see them drive in Home Sweet Pineapple and No Free Rides, making SpongeBob not having a license.
- The time card One Debt to Society Later is almost similiar to title card That's No Lady with diffrent colors
- Mrs. Puff
- Mr. Krabs
- Mother SquarePants
- Father SquarePants
- Bikini Bottom Police Force
|← Season 3 Season 4 Season 5 →|