Man Ray is one of the evildoers that causes destruction in Bikini Bottom, and the nemesis of Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy. He and the Dirty Bubble always are stopped by Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy. In the Episode: Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy III, SpongeBob and Patrick found him frozen in tartar sauce. Man-Ray once tricked SpongeBob and Patrick that he would be good if he became unfrozen. Then, after escaping, he tried to cause mayhem by robbing a bank, but he could not because the Tickle Belt was causing more tickling on him after taking it off with the key.
Also, Barnacle Boy, the Dirty Bubble and Man Ray defeated Mermaid Man, SpongeBob, Sandy, Patrick, and Squidward in a battle where they did nothing and won. Man-Ray also appeared in the episode: Mermaid Man vs. SpongeBob. This time, the Tickle Belt has returned, and he made it into a conveyor to destroy Mermaidman and Barnacleboy. However, Mermaidman says He's as strong as the Krusty Kids Meal, and Man-Ray then is fooled by the meal because it is his favorite food. Man-Ray is captured, wondering how he can be evil with the Kids Meal, and laughs with Mermaidman.
Man Ray is a slimy Manta Ray and he has big muscles. He has a fashionable blue helmet, a red top and a red bottom. There is blue with a bit of yellow on the center of his belt. His gloves and boots are a deep blue.
Voice and Attitude
Man Ray has a deep voice and will always try to trick people with his false voice. Man-Ray has a persuasive voice so he can trick people like SpongeBob and Patrick quite easily. Man-Ray's voice is provided by Welsh actor, John Rhys-Davies and later Bob Joles.
- He is based off Black Manta, an Aquaman villain, and also Darth Vader.
- Man Ray is based on the famous painter Man Ray.
- Man Ray spoofs 18-Volt a little bit.
- It is revealed in the episode Shuffleboarding that Man Ray went to the prom with the elderly fish, Mable, who knows him simply as Ray.
- Despite being called a "super-villain", he doesn't actually have any superpowers, and focused on weapons instead.