Krusty Towers (Episode)
|Airdate:||1 April 2006|
|Previous Episode:||SquidBob TentaclePants|
|Next Episode:||Mrs. Puff, You're Fired|
|SpongeBob SquarePants||Tom Kenny|
|Patrick Star||Bill Fagerbakke|
|Squidward Tentacles||Rodger Bumpass|
|Mr. Krabs||Clancy Brown|
"Krusty Towers" is an episode from Season 4.
The episode begins as SpongeBob and Squidward walk to the Krusty Krab, expecting an average day. SpongeBob is telling a story about how he overcooked the fries, which turns out that they weren't overcooked at all. While SpongeBob tells the story, Squidward keeps trying to interrupt him. On the third time, he finally gets SpongeBob's attention, in which he picks him up and shows him the Krusty Towers. SpongeBob immediately wants to know what happened to the building, when Mr. Krabs pops out and states that the building is now open for business. SpongeBob asks why Mr. Krabs built a hotel called Krusty Towers Hotel, in which Mr. Krabs answers with a story.
Mr. Krabs asks SpongeBob if he remembers that fast food convention in which Mr. Krabs went to. Mr. Krabs goes on about the hotel he stayed at the time being. Everything was perfect. The employees were kind enough to everything that Mr. Krabs wanted them to do. That's because they lived by the hotel's code that was "hung above the grand fireplace." It states, "We Shall Never Deny A Guest, Even The Most Ridiculous Request." Mr. Krabs repeats how the place was perfect...until he got the bill. Mr. Krabs had to pay 25 dollars for a hamburger. (The flashback shows him pull the hamburger out of his stomach.) The flashback ends, and Mr. Krabs simply says, "If they can charge 25 dollars for a lousy burger, think about how much I can charge for a lousy Krabby Patty!" Mr. Krabs then states that the Krusty Towers was born.
Squidward then points out that the hotel is in the middle of nowhere, in which all you do is get stung by jellyfish. Mr. Krabs ignores the statement, and tells both employees to come inside. Squidward's first reaction is the location of all the new hotel employees. Mr. Krabs then gives SpongeBob and Squidward hotel uniforms. Not long afterwards, the first customer comes. frank Mr. Krabs is certain that he'll reel him in, so he heads over and takes care of him. Mr. Krabs tells him the name of the building, then the code that was the same code in which the hotel Mr. Krabs was staying in during the fast food convention. The customer simply asks for a Krabby Patty with no onions and extra pickles. Mr. Krabs tells him that he has to order room service to get it. The customer simply says that he has only an hour of lunch, and leaves. Mr. Krabs has Squidward take over, in which Patrick arrives and asks for a Krabby Patty. Squidward tells Patrick that the building is now a hotel, and that to get a Krabby Patty must require room service. Patrick agrees, and soon signs his name (actually, it was a picture of Patrick as a giant monster) on the register which ends in him getting his room key.
Patrick states that he needs help with his bags. Squidward replies that you just found out that the building's a hotel, and that you shouldn't be able to have bags. All Squidward does is get annoyed by Patrick's response: "This is a hotel?" Squidward tells SpongeBob to take his bags up and get him the Krabby Patty. Mr. Krabs jumps in and tells him to take the bags up while SpongeBob makes the Krabby Patty. After a brief argument, Squidward agrees and goes to the elevator. Mr. Krabs tells him that it's for guests only, and to take the employee elevator. It turns out that it's just a long flight of stairs. Finally, Squidward reaches the hallway where Patrick's room is. Squidward asks Patrick if the suitcases are full of rocks. As if on cue, one of the suitcases open up and rocks pour out. Squidward and Patrick go into a very brief argument afterwards. For a few minutes, Squidward is forced to do Patrick's unreasonable tasks. Finally, Squidward reaches his boiling point, and quits. He then comes back through the doors in an attempt to drive Mr. Krabs crazy. Throughout the remainder of the episode, Squidward does exactly what Patrick has done: giving stupid and unreasonable tasks. (One task involved Squidward's mother.) Squidward then requests an indoor pool. Squidward gets just that, and when Patrick makes a cannonball, the building rumbles and collapses with the water from the indoor pool escaping out of the windows. Coincidentally, the Krusty Krab, which was at the very top floor, is the only floor undamaged even after the collapse finished. The episode cuts to the local hospital, where Mr. Krabs then regrets that hotel, especially after receiving a 15,000 dollar hospital bill. Mr. Krabs yells "$15000!" Squidward asks "You're not going to have a heart attack are you?" Mr. Krabs adores the place where the "real money" is, and tells everyone else that their going to medical school. Patrick and SpongeBob give a "yay," while Squidward lets out a devastated, "Oh boy."
- Even though Mr. Krabs said that Patrick, Squidward, and SpongeBob were going to medical school, it never happens.
- The building looks like Taipei 101.
- It is implied that the building is very poorly constructed since it took only one night to build, and collapses for no apparent reason. Though, it could also be because the pool couldn't take Patrick's weight when he jumped in it.
- After the room is redone with the same thing as the first, the second time, there is an extra lamp added to the room that was not there the first time. So, it's not true when Mr. Krabs said "This room is exactly the same as when we started!".
- The picture Patrick drew of himself as a giant monster being attacked by military planes is a reference to "King Kong".
- Best Day Ever Marathon Rank: #4
- How can there be 17 floors when it is 11 stories high?
- Mr. Krabs says that there's a pool out back, but there is no swimming pool.
- Patrick wanted Squidward to peel the crust of the Krabby Patty he ordered because he claimed he doesn't like crust on his sandwich. However, a few minutes later, SpongeBob comes in with a whole plate of Krabby Patties that are not peeled and he and Patrick eat them all just fine. Patrick also ate unpeeled Krabby patties in other episodes.
- "Krusty Towers"/"Mrs. Puff, You're Fired" was the last episode to get a 9.0 or higher on TV.com until Sand Castles in the Sand.
- The original Krusty Krab restaurant is on the top of all the new hotel floors. When the towers fell, the top floor should have been destroyed from the impact of the fall! Unless, the Krusty Krab was made out of stronger material than the rest of the hotel.
- Patrick used up all the cheese to decorate his room, but it is unknown of what happened to the cheese when the Krusty Towers Hotel collapses.
- When Squidward wanted a room at the top floor, he probably meant below the restaurant floor.
- If it is paused while Mr.Krabs is reaching to get his bill, his hand's color shifts away and the hand turns blue.
- The part when SpongeBob's legs become rockets is a reference to the anime character Astro Boy, where he yet has same eye color and rocket shape.
- When Squidward left Krusty Towers, he probably meant just the hotel, not the Krusty Krab itself.
- Mr. Krabs could have been sued for stealing the other hotel's motto or not having the hotel up to safety code.
|← Season 3 Season 4 Season 5 →|