Squid Wood (Episode)
|Airdate:||24 July 2007|
|Previous Episode:||The Pink Purloiner|
|Next Episode:||Best Day Ever|
|SpongeBob SquarePants||Tom Kenny|
|Patrick Star||Bill Fagerbakke|
|Squidward Tentacles||Rodger Bumpass|
|Eugene H. Krabs||Clancy Brown|
Squid Wood is an episode from Season 4.
- Mini Squidward
- Mr. Krabs
- Frank (Cameo Character)
- Nat Peterson
- Sadie Rechid
- Mini SpongeBob
- Milo J. Finkerfish
SpongeBob constantly annoys Squidward (as usual) when he wants to play a game when Squidward wants to do other things (Like planting flowers, reading, painting, and taking a bath). When Squidward shouts angrily at SpongeBob he will never play with him ever he throws SpongeBob out of his house. SpongeBob decides that if he can't play with Squidward he will make a puppet toy version. He builds a puppet named Mini-Squidward to play games with instead; Squidward when he learns this is initially happy that SpongeBob is no longer bothering him, but when he goes to work at the Krusty Krab he notices the people dismiss him when he attempts to impress them and serve their food; but be happy to see Mini-Squidward. In a matter of ten minutes the entire Krusty Krab begins to love Mini-Squidward and they offer him large big tips, Squidward begins to get jealous. When Mr. Krabs replaces Squidward as cashier with Mini-Squidward and when the customers watch Mini-Squid perform a big dance, and cheer for him; Squidward gets furious and jealous. Angry that the puppet is taking away his life, Squidward begins attacking Mini-Squidward. Suddenly a man who represents Squidward's favorite musician arrives and offers Mini-Squid a job, one million dollars, and a sequin suit; much to Squidward's disappointment. The man takes the puppet away to become famous and Squidward is sad about his life taken away but tries to make the best of it by saying he will not have to see the puppet again; until he notices that SpongeBob has made a puppet version of himself...
- This episode aired in Germany, then in the UK before the US.
- In the UK, this episode aired along with "The Pink Purloiner".
- This is the fifth time a Squidward model has been seen, The first time was in Squidward, the Unfriendly Ghost, as a wax sculpture, the second was in The Paper, as another wooden dummy. The third was in Wormy, as a finger puppet, and the forth time was in Dumped as a life-size wooden statue.
- Mini Squidward is based on Little Squiddy from the Season 1 episode The Paper.
- The music heard when SpongeBob and Mini Squidward dance is part of Gioachino Rossini 's famous piece, The Thieving Magpie (La Gazza Ladra): Overture.
- In one scene when mini Squidward is dancing, SpongeBob's arm is not there working the puppet.
- It should be noted that when the fish said Squidward had a bad attitude, most other fishes didn't say much about his attitude in other episodes except in Fools in April nor did he show any attitude at the register in previous episodes. Most of the fish also have bad attitudes as well.
- During the scene where Squidward is gardening, the flower he is holding switches from being in a cup to not being in a cup.
- It is revealed that Milo J.Finkerfish manages Kelpy G who was seen in The Thing.
- SpongeBob's game he offered, "Squidward says" is a reference to the Popular game, "Simon Says".
- It is revealed that SpongeBob and Patrick like to play 'Mahjong' the popular Chinese Game.
- SpongeBob is revealed to like Mahjong as he says it in a Chinese accent. Mahjong originates in China.
- When Squidward shakes SB and when the games fall out, one of the game boards looks similar to the game "Mancala"
- When Squidward is approaching SpongeBob and Mini-Squidward the bush acts like a door.
- This episode used to air with The Krusty Sponge.
|← Season 3 Season 4 Season 5 →|