The Pink Purloiner (Episode)
|The Pink Purloiner|
|Airdate:||19 February 2007|
|Previous Episode:||Best Frenemies|
|Next Episode:||Squid Wood|
|SpongeBob SquarePants||Tom Kenny|
|Patrick Star||Bill Fagerbakke|
|Mr. Krabs||Clancy Brown|
"The Pink Purloiner" is an episode from Season 4.
SpongeBob gets a new jellyfishing net, and calls it "Ol’ Reliable". The following morning, it turns up missing, and he posts missing jellyfish-net posters all over town with a promise of a reward. He later begins to assume and suspect Patrick of stealing his net, as Patrick had once said recently that he would do anything for a net like Ol’ Reliable. SpongeBob does anything to reveal Patrick as a thief, and makes lots of plans but all of them are proven Patrick innocent, and eventually sees Patrick carrying a box. To him, his last plan is to dress up as a Scottish man with a moustache, who is interested in purchasing what is in the box, in order to take it from Patrick. Patrick says that the contents of the box belong to SpongeBob, and at first SpongeBob believes that his suspicions concerning Patrick's so-called "thievery" are true. Patrick is a bit upset because SpongeBob is framing him. But to his great surprise, it is revealed that the box contains a very special net built by Patrick, especially for SpongeBob. SpongeBob doesn't know what to say. He is torn between gratitude for Patrick's generosity, and guilt for accusing his friend falsely.
Patrick gets upset at SpongeBob for ever suspecting him, and prepares to leave Bikini Bottom. The bus arrives and Patrick is about to climb aboard when SpongeBob grabs hold of him, begging his friend not to go while pleading earnestly for Patrick's forgiveness. The bus driver demands to know what the hold-up is, and when he sees that it is SpongeBob and Patrick, he gives SpongeBob Ol' Reliable, saying he left the net on the bus (again). To make up for his accusations against Patrick, SpongeBob gives Ol' Reliable to his friend, for keeps. Patrick is utterly overwhelmed by this gesture, and immediately decides to forgive SpongeBob for SpongeBob’s thoughtlessness, and stay in Bikini Bottom after all. Everyone on the bus cheers, much to the chagrin of the bus driver, who claims that SpongeBob and Patrick do this kind of thing all the time. SpongeBob and Patrick then run off to Jellyfish Fields together to enjoy their new nets.
- The Pink Purloiner is a spoof of "The Pink Panther".
- The bus driver from the episode: Rock Bottom is the bus driver in this episode.
- The Ol' Reliable jellyfishing net is the same one (or looks a lot like) as the one in The Best Day Ever.
- The first appearance of colorful jellyfish.
- Ol' Reliable is not to be confused with SpongeBob's new net in Best Day Ever.
- We never see SpongeBob leave the net on the bus.
- It's noticable that SpongeBob left the net in the bus because when they are going to their homes, SpongeBob didn't have it.
- This is the second time it's shown a dollar (real or fake) that was drawn by a crayon. The first was in Wet Painters.
- In this episode, Patrick's rock's weather vane is pointing to the left, while in all other episodes, it points to the right.
- Mr. Krabs(Cameo)
- Perch Perkins
- French Narrator
|← Season 3 Season 4 Season 5 →|