SpongeBob SquarePants vs. The Big One (Episode)
|SpongeBob SquarePants vs. The Big One|
|Episode No.:||111, Special|
|Airdate:||17 April 2009|
|Previous Episode:||Grooming Gary|
|Next Episode:||Porous Pockets|
|SpongeBob SquarePants||Tom Kenny|
|Patrick Star||Bill Fagerbakke|
|Squidward Tentacles||Rodger Bumpass|
|Sandy Cheeks||Carolyn Lawrence|
|Mr. Krabs||Clancy Brown|
"SpongeBob SquarePants vs. The Big One" is an episode from Season 6.
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Patrick Star
- Squidward Tentacles
- Sandy Cheeks
- Mr. Krabs
- Jack Kahuna Laguna
- Awesome Eddie
- Chip (fish)
- Big G
- Silent Stan
- The Big One
SpongeBob and Squidward are getting really hot at the Krusty Krab, so Mr. Krabs takes them to the beach to sell Krabby Patties. There, they find Sandy and Patrick. When Patrick wants to buy a Krabby Patty, Patrick gets on and the surfboard tips and flings SpongeBob, Patrick, Sandy, Squidward, and Mr. Krabs all to different places. Mr. Krabs is in The Dutchman's Triangle, Sandy is on an island; so are SpongeBob, Patrick, and Squidward, but they're on different islands. SpongeBob, Patrick and Squidward meet 5 people and they tell them that the only way back to Bikini Bottom is to surf there. SpongeBob, Patrick, and Squidward swim to JKL learn how to surf to get back to Bikini Bottom. JKL tells them just to keep breathing. Then, they learn how to surf and then the Big One, a perfect wave formed by the certain alignment of the planets, comes. SpongeBob gets them back to Bikini Bottom and everyone throws them a party.
- Twitch is a reference to the Holes character of the same name.
- The Dutchman Triangle is a parody of the Bermuda Triangle.
- The title card is similar to Culture Shock, only the background is blue.
- Patrick was going to eat his surfboard after they make it back.
- In German this episode is called "Die Welle zurück", which translates to "The wave back".
- There is a game based on this episode called Beach Party Cook-Off.
- If it takes The Big One to send them home, they would need The Big One to get there. But JKL says The Big One comes every thousand years or so. However, Sandy's Wave, which was the one that got them trapped, was not The Big One.
- When Davy Jones throws the sock, it is real. But when it hits the Flying Dutchmen, it is a cartoon.
- SpongeBob said he never surfed before, but he surfed in Texas, Ripped Pants, and Pranks a Lot.
- The password to the SpongeBob Surf Shorts on Nick.com is Wave.
- Twitch said he and the others wouldn't go in the river even if SpongeBob paid him. So how did he appear at the end of the episode?
- Jack Kahuna Laguna looks more like a human than a fish.
- From where did SpongeBob get the bongos when they where riding The Big One?
- In German they call The Big One, The Monster.
- In the episode Pat No Pay, Mr. Krabs says that Patrick will never eat a Krabby Patty in his life. It is possible that this episode takes place before that episode.
- This episode and Night Light mark the most guest stars in one episode.
- It is revealed that the Flying Dutchman dated Mr. Krabs's Aunt Sally in High School. But how can he know if it's that Sally?
- In a couple of other countries (including New Zealand) this episode is called SpongeBob and The Big Wave.
- In Your Shoe's Untied, The Flying Dutchman last wore shoes 5,000 years ago. If he dated Aunt Sally in High school, she is obviously dead. Also, how did Mr. Krabs know she wore false teeth if she's been dead for thousands of years? Or he dated her when he was still a ghost.
- All of the people that Spongebob, Patrick and Squidward on the island were in the last scene. Except Awesome Eddie wasn't with the rest of the group. However, he can be seen when everyone yells, "Welcome home!!"
- Cashy's name is Betsy in the German Version, the name of Mr. Krabs' mother.
- There is a book based on this Episode called, "Surf's up SpongeBob!".
- The UK DVD has the name: Spongebob and the Big Wave.
Other Transcript Bonuses
|← Season 5 Season 6 Season 7 →|
|114a||114b||115a||115b||116a||116b||117a||117b||118a||118b||119a||119b||120a||120b||121a||121b||122a||122b||123 + 124||125a||125b||126|