|Airdate:||18 September 1999|
|Previous Episode:||Culture Shock|
|Next Episode:||MuscleBob BuffPants|
|SpongeBob SquarePants||Tom Kenny|
|Patrick Star||Bill Fagerbakke|
F.U.N. is an episode from Season 1.
- Mr. Krabs
- Police fish
- Customers at Krusty Krab
- Bubble Bass
Things are going well at the Krusty Krab. Everyone is enjoying their Krabby Patties, until an alarm blares. Everyone is panicking, and Mr. Krabs shouts to Squidward "Can you spot him?" Squidward, looking through a telescope, replies "down there sir!" A small Krabby Patty mysteriously bounces to a wall, then makes a hole in it with a laser. It goes outside, and SpongeBob chases after it. After a long chase, SpongeBob finally catches the Krabby Patty, which is being stolen by Plankton. Plankton walks off looking really sad, and SpongeBob befriends him. A police fish makes SpongeBob 'Rookie of the day', and everyone sings 'For he's a jolly good rookie'. SpongeBob invites Plankton to jellyfish with him, and, realizing he can take advantage of SpongeBob, Plankton goes. SpongeBob warns Plankton to "watch out for the stingers". As soon as he says this, Plankton imagines himself controlling a giant jellyfish shooting laser-like electricity everywhere. Plankton does not know what fun is, so SpongeBob tries to explain it by singing the F.U.N. song. Plankton makes up a version of his own, but SpongeBob interrupts him, claiming that "those things aren't what fun is all about!". Eventually, Plankton and SpongeBob sing the song together, and Plankton seems to finally be having fun.
He is feeling all tingly inside and asks SpongeBob "Should we stop?" SpongeBob explains that this is how "FUN" is supposed to feel. Plankton realizes that he likes the feeling, and the two sing the F.U.N. song. When Mr. Krabs finds out what's happening, he sets up a trap. They go to the cinema together, and Mr. Krabs shouts "reach into his pocket now and take what he's got!". Everyone reaches into each other's pockets and finds money. SpongeBob reaches into Plankton's pocket and finds a Krabby Patty. SpongeBob realizes that Plankton used him to get a Krabby Patty, and Plankton runs off with it. However, he does not know that behind the cinema screen is a concrete wall (the movie said "Oh darling, I know nothing's gonna tear us apart.", which is ironically just what happens because of Plankton). Plankton is squashed, and Mr. Krabs flicks him off the wall onto Bubble Bass's hand, who mistakes Plankton for a jellybean and chases him around his hand.
- When Plankton is leaning against the door of The Chum Bucket, he appears to be as big as the door.
- When Plankton is sent back to the Chum Bucket, Squidward, after saying "How's it feel to be the most hated creature in Bikini Bottom?" he also says "It hurts, doesn't it? I know!" which means that before Plankton, Squidward must have been the most hated creature in Bikini Bottom.
- Closed-captioning errors: When Karen says, "Befriend the SpongeBath", original captions say, "Befriend the SpongeBob'". Also, later on she said, "What did you do with the Krabby Patty?", but captions say "Where's the Krabby Patty?" When she says to Plankton, "You're forgetting the mission", captions say, "Remember the mission".
- The "He's a Jolly Good Rookie!" song can be heard in the My Gym Partner's a Monkey episode "Gorilla of My Dreams".
- This is perhaps one of two episodes with a black background on the title card excluding the Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy episodes. (Krusty Krab Training Video is the other), but the only one with the floral-patterned text of the title along with it.
- When the captions are supposed to say Bubble Bass, some captions say Bubble Bath.
- F.U.N. was the top episode of Season 1 voted for The Best Day Ever Marathon.
- Plankton walks through the entire city despite the Chum Bucket being across the street from the Krusty Krab.
- The title card music was played by a xylophone.
|Season 1 Season 2 →|