Imitation Krabs (Episode)
|Airdate:||28 December 2000|
|Previous Episode:||Dying for Pie|
|SpongeBob SquarePants||Tom Kenny|
|Squidward Tentacles||Rodger Bumpass|
|Mr. Krabs||Clancy Brown|
Imitation Krabs is an episode from Season 2.
Time cards shown
- 6 1/2 hours later
A robotic fish designed to look like an ordinary customer walks into the Krusty Krab. It is a disguise used by Plankton to try to find out the Krabby Patty secret formula. However, he does not ask for a Krabby Patty. He tells SpongeBob that he will win $1,000,000 if he tells him the Krabby Patty secret formula. SpongeBob says that it can only be discussed with Mr. Krabs in private. Later, Plankton's robotic Mr. Krabs tells Squidward he can have the day off and tries to make SpongeBob tell him the secret formula. However, the real Mr. Krabs keeps on coming into the room they are in, so he has to hide and he emerges again when the real Mr. Krabs leaves. He throws a penny out the window and the real Mr. Krabs chases it. Afterwards, robot Krabs learns that for the secret recipe to be discussed, he must first do a secret handshake, a ridiculously long and complicated ceremony that takes around 7 hours to accomplish. SpongeBob is about to give him a bottle with the recipe inside, until the real Mr. Krabs comes in. SpongeBob gives them both a quiz about the Krusty Krab, threatening to blast the fake one with tartar sauce. The imitation Krab somehow guesses all the answers to the quiz correctly and Mr. Krabs somehow gets them all wrong. SpongeBob presumes that the robotic Mr. Krabs is the real one, and gives him a penny that he "dropped". The penny goes into the Robot's coin-operated self-destruct mechanism, blowing Plankton into the sky.
- Robo-Krabs is seen once again in New Leaf and Spy Buddies.
- Plankton stated that he went to college again; the first was Plankton!.
- The title of this episode is based off imitation crabmeat.
- This is the fourth time Plankton tried to steal the formula (in the series). It is also the third biggest episode about Plankton trying to steal the formula.
- In this episode, Mr. Krabs says that he does not know the meaning of day off. However, in the episode, "Bubble Buddy", SpongeBob had the day off.
- Running gag: Every time Plankton's robot Krabs says a lie, its engine backfires and smoke can be seen from the exhaust pipe.
- When SpongeBob asks the question only the really, real Mr. Krabs could answer, "If we're discussing the secret formula on the third Wednesday in January and it's not raining outside, after we gargle with vanilla pudding, what do we do?", the word "vanilla" is excluded in the captions.
- Squidward was given a day off by the imposter and he never mentioned it to SpongeBob. However SpongeBob knew about it and mentioned it to Mr. Krabs. It is possible SpongeBob heard it when he was coming in.
- This is the last episode to air in 2000. Wormy, the next episode, aired in 2001.
|← Season 1 Season 2 Season 3 →|