The Chum Bucket is a failing restaurant directly across the street from the Krusty Krab. It is run by Sheldon J. Plankton and Karen. The Chum Bucket consists of a dining area, a laboratory (marked "Kitchen" from the outside), a room with a giant video screen, and a hidden room with beds for both Plankton and Karen. It first appears in "Plankton!"
The Chum Bucket is on Conch Street, located across the street from the Krusty Krab. It is occasionally visible from the Krusty Krab's front window, but this varies from episode to episode. The only time in which the restaurant appears without Plankton or Karen is in "No Hat for Pat".
Rooms and Menu
- Cafeteria: Where you order food, and eat it. The only person that comes to the Chum Bucket to eat Chum on his own was Nat, in the episode "Plankton's Regular".
- Kitchen/Evil Laboratory: Where Karen's wall form resides and where Plankton conducts evil experiments. He never actually cooks food here.
- Office: A working place where Plankton sometimes sleeps, complete with a tiny table and a desktop form of Karen. It is first seen in "Sleepy Time".
- Bedroom: A somewhat extravagant hidden room where Plankton and Karen sleep in purple beds. It is first seen in "Bottle Burglars".
- The Lab Room: Where a Labrador Retriever is shown on a huge video screen. It is only seen in "Plankton!" and the Nicktoons Unite! video game.
- The Krusty Krab Replica: A kitchen that looks exactly just like the Krusty Krab's, only seen in "Welcome to the Chum Bucket".
- Meeting Room: Where meetings are held with employees (if there were any). It is only seen in "Chum Bucket Supreme".
The menu first appeared when SpongeBob comes in the Chum Bucket in the episode: Plankton!. The items on the menu are: Chum Burger, Chum Fries, Chumbalaya, Chum Pie, Chumstick, Chum Chili, Chum Shake and Chummy Joes. In Komputer Overload we learn that there are two drinks on the menu: Bucket Bubbler and Chum Cherry Blast.
- Sheldon J. Plankton: Co-owner of the Chum Bucket. He also cooks on occasion. As shown in "Krabby Road" and "Plankton Gets the Boot", Karen controls the Chum Bucket more than he does, and she has the ability to kick him out of the restaurant.
- Karen Plankton: Co-owner of the Chum Bucket. She runs the lab and spends most of her time coming up with plans to steal the formula, but has also served as a busser, chef, waitress and cashier for the restaurant.
- SpongeBob SquarePants: Worked for the Chum Bucket in "Bucket Sweet Bucket" and "Welcome to the Chum Bucket". He also worked for Plankton in "The Algae's Always Greener" in a parallel universe.
- Patrick Star: Worked for the Chum Bucket in "The Fry Cook Games", "Bucket Sweet Bucket", and "Chum Bucket Supreme".
- Squidward Tentacles: Worked to design better of the Chum Bucket. Also worked in The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie.
- Bikini Bottom: In The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie, Karen gives Plankton "Plan Z", leading to the town's enslavement with evil Chum Bucket-branded mind-control helmets.
- Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy: Controlled them with mind-control shampoo (with conditioner) to destroy the business of the Krusty Krab, but Fry Boy feeds them fiber Krabby Patties to free them.
- Stanley S. SquarePants: worked here when he needed a job when he came to visit SpongeBob, more than likely fired for the destruction of the Chum Bucket. This was seen in the episode "Stanley S. SquarePants".
- Cave Dwellers - Forced to work in the Chum Caverns and served chum. They later were forced to work the register at the Krusty Krab.
Inventions Made in the Chum Bucket
- The Analyzer: The sand clock-like zapping machine that will discuss the 2 recipes of a Krabby Patty. The object scanned and analyzed by this invention will send it into Karen. (seaweed: 50% sea, 50% weed)
- RobotBob SpongeChefPants: A robot that is controlled by SpongeBob's brain.
- Plankton Robot: or Chumbot: A giant robot used to steal Mama Krabs and also snatch people and place them in the Chum Bucket, to convince them to buy some food. The plans did not work out as expected. There is also a smaller robot copy of Plankton in Battle for Bikini Bottom.
- Mr. Krabs Robot: A Mr. Krabs-shaped robot built by Plankton to receive the Krabby Patty formula. Karen's system is built into the robot and her voice announces when the robot will self-destruct.
- Switch Lives Just to Know What It's Like-O-Mogrifier: An invention that Plankton nearly forgot about, until Karen reminded him of it. It allows the user to switch lives with a dolphin, mermaid, jellyfish or crab as seen in the episode "The Algae's Always Greener".
- T-119A Compumatic: A talking toaster with wheels, antennae, and a claw.
- Noxious Enterprise's Super SPU-31 Liquid-Cooled Mobile Processing Unit: A large, bulbous liquid-filled glass robot with four jointed legs.
- Command Module: An old hairdryer taped to the back of a miniature windmill on wheels.
- Fear of a Krabby Patty: In an attempt to convince SpongeBob to reveal the formula, the Chum Bucket was turned into a psychology lab simply by adding some curtains and two chairs. SpongeBob eventually wrecked it.
- New Leaf: The Chum Bucket was converted into a gift shop to make Mr. Krabs think that Plankton had given up.
- Bucket Sweet Bucket: Plankton manipulated SpongeBob, Patrick, and Squidward into remodeling the Chum Bucket, asking them, "You wouldn't want to disappoint my Karen now, would you?" Meanwhile, he tried to steal the formula.
- Imitation Krabs: After the self-destruction system is activated, Plankton screams as he wheels back to the Chum Bucket but explodes when he gets inside.
- Spy Buddies: Plankton invites SpongeBob and Patrick into the Chum Bucket building, but Patrick's laser pants become so destructible that it starts carving holes everywhere and destroys the Chum Bucket. Later, the floor opens up and a blimp emerges with Plankton controlling it from the inside.
- Bucket Sweet Bucket: The Chum Bucket was merely replaced with the Krusty Krab, and parts of it were used as decorations for the Krusty Krab. Even though it wasn't destroyed, it is still in the "Destruction" Category.
- Stanley S. SquarePants: Stanley destroys it by touching the inside.
- Spongicus: Plankton destroyed it with a wrecking ball and replaced with a coliseum. Later, when trying to get away from the lion, he runs outside, but the lion punches a hole through it and creates a larger hole.
- Dying for Pie: It may be one of the buildings destroyed by the bomb.
- Slide Whistle Stooges: Squidward drives a gas truck while playing his slide whistle and drives through the Chum Bucket.
- Operation: Krabby Patty:At the end of the Wrong Side of the Bed, the self destruct videotape blows up the Chum Bucket. Then Plankton pulls over his music player and instead of listening to his music, he listens to Twinkle Twinkle, Little Star.