It's a SpongeBob Christmas! (Episode)
|It’s a SpongeBob Christmas!|
|Airdate:||November 23, 2012|
|Previous Episode:||For Here or to Go|
|Next Episode:||Super Evil Aquatic Villain Team Up is Go!|
|SpongeBob SquarePants||Tom Kenny|
|Sandy Cheeks||Carolyn Lawrence|
It's a SpongeBob Christmas! is an episode from Season 8.
- Santa Claus
- Mr. Krabs
- Bikini Bottomites
- Robot SpongeBob
- Patchy the Pirate
- Potty the Parrot
- Polar Bear
SpongeBob wakes up and begins singing a Christmas Carol. All of SpongeBob’s friends are preparing for Christmas, and they join in his carol. At the Chum Bucket, Plankton is angered that he gets coal every year for Christmas. Karen tells him that if he weren’t such a jerk he might get something for Christmas. Plankton pulls out a periodic table of elements and adds in extra one onto it, jerktonium, which apparently has the power to turn anyone into a jerk. Plankton is decides to lace every slice of fruit cake with Jerktonium, and give them to people to turn them into raging jerks, so Santa will think Plankton isn't naughty after all and he will be able to get the Krabby Patty secret formula for Christmas.
Plankton leaves the Chum Bucket to begin giving people the fruit cakes, by dispensing these fruit cakes with his latest invention, the JerkMaker 9000. SpongeBob instantly walks up and Plankton gives him a piece of fruit cake. The jerktonium doesn’t affect SpongeBob, so Plankton gives him more fruit cake. SpongeBob eats all of the fruit cake, and Plankton is angered to see it does nothing. He gives SpongeBob a key and goes back inside. SpongeBob spots some Christmas carolers and hands them each a slice of fruit cake. The fish begin experiencing the effects of jerktonium, and they begin to get angry. Plankton comes out and notices that the jerktonium had worked on the fish.
Downtown, SpongeBob begins passing out fruit cakes, and the citizens begin to behave in unacceptably. SpongeBob is oblivious, and he continues to sing. Plankton rides through town on a unicycle, noticing the citizens wreaking havoc on the city and is delighted. SpongeBob passes a little boy on Santa's lap, and he gives Santa a piece of fruit cake. Santa tells the kid to get a job and buy all of the gifts himself and to brush his teeth. The slay driver escapes, and the slay falls off the cliff and crashes. Plankton returns to the Chum Bucket, where Karen tells him his plan has failed, because SpongeBob's heart protects him from jerktonium. Plankton unleashes a robotic SpongeBob onto the streets of Bikini Bottom to ruin SpongeBob’s reputation. The robot begins destroying stuff to ruin Christmas.
SpongeBob begins riding through Bikini Bottom, and he notices everybody being rude to him. The next day on Christmas Eve, SpongeBob notices the townsfolk treating each other poorly. SpongeBob turns to Squidward, and he tells him to go to Sandy's house. The robotic SpongeBob walks up and begins to anger Squidward, who thinks it is SpongeBob. At Sandy’s house, Sandy is rude to SpongeBob, and she does not help him with his problem. SpongeBob tries to leave, but accidentally knocks the fruitcake into an analyzer. Sandy reads that the fruit cake is contaminated with jerktonium. SpongeBob tells her he got the food from Plankton, at which point she calls him an idiot. SpongeBob says he must be the biggest jerk in town because he ate a lot of fruit cake. She scans SpongeBob and tells him he is immune to jerktonium. Sandy uses the analyzer to reveal a formula for the antidote. However, the antidote is a song which SpongeBob hums, and it cures Sandy.
SpongeBob shows up downtown and begins singing to rid everyone of the jerktonium. After everyone is rid of the jerktonium, Santa shows up and tells SpongeBob that everyone in town is on his naughty list besides Plankton. Santa gives Plankton the secret formula, and Santa tells SpongeBob he was the worst of all. The SpongeBob robot shows up and begins wreaking havoc, to which Santa points out that SpongeBob is doing it, except that Santa found out that it was the robot all along. The robot tries to destroy Santa, but SpongeBob destroys the robot and saves Santa. Christmas is saved and Mr. Krabs gets the formula back from Plankton. Santa flies off and Patrick sneaks on with him in an attempt to capture him.
- This is the second Christmas based episode. The first one was Christmas Who?.
- This is the second episode to use stop-motion animation. The first was Truth or Square. However, this is the first full stop-motion episode.
- This is the only SpongeBob episode to air on CBS.
- This is the only Season 8 episode to be produced in HD.
- SpongeBob drives a vehicle, the JerkMaker 9000, throughout the episode, albeit not a boat.
- The song, "Don’t Be a Jerk" is featured in this episode. The song originally aired in 2009.
- SpongeBob actually went in Sandy’s Treedome without his water helmet. Yet, he was not affected by air.
- In one scene when Pearl ate the fruit cake and transformed into a jerk, the next scene shows that, in the background, Pearl is in her normal state, despite the fact that she just transformed into said ailment.
- When SpongeBob walked away from the jerktonium-affected Sandy and said, "I’ll have to solve this on my own.", the acorn suddenly appeared in his path in the next frame.
- The DVD version featured a Patchy the Pirate sub-plot in stop motion, making it the first episode to show Patchy and Potty not in live action.