Squidward’s School for Grown-Ups (Episode)
|Squidward’s School for Grown-Ups|
|Airdate:||June 4, 2011|
|Previous Episode:||Frozen Face-Off|
|Next Episode:||Oral Report|
|SpongeBob SquarePants||Tom Kenny|
|Patrick Star||Bill Fagerbakke|
Another stretch that appeared during promo of this episode
Squidward’s School for Grown-Ups is an episode from Season 8.
SpongeBob and Patrick are playing a game when Squidward yells at them. After Patrick falls down and falls asleep Spongebob sees that Patrick has a beard and Squidward (thinking it is a sign that Patrick is maturing) takes advantage of this by teaching patrick how to be a grown-up and Squidward becomes Patrick's new best friend. When Patrick grows a giant "beard" and immediately become best friends with Squidward, he is ruining his friendship with SpongeBob. Lots of people come and start to like the grown up school in deleted scenes. Posing as a (female) singer in an opera that Patrick and Squidward are attending, Spongebob sings of his desire to regain Patrick's friendship. Moved by the song, Patrick cries, but his tears awake his "beard", which turns out to be a brown sea urchin that had been napping on his face. Spongebob and Patrick are reunited as friends on stage and the crowd cheers. Squidward angrily accuses the crowd of having no taste, and is pelted by tomatoes.
- There was a promo for this episode when Sentimental Sponge aired but it didn't air then. Small stretch that began during the promo of the episode Sentimental Sponge.
- This is part of the summer marathon.
- This is the second time Patrick gets a beard. The first was To Save a Squirrel.
- This episode was originally going to be "Old Man Patrick" but it was changed to "Squidward's School for Grown-Ups".
- This episode is paired with Oral Report. The Hot Shot originally was going to.One of Spongebob's and Patrick's faces when they scream at passing boats on the road.
- This is the 4th consecutive episode in Season 8 in which Mr. Krabs doesn't make an appearance.
- This is the sixth time Plankton appears without Mr. Krabs. The first was Walking Small, the second was Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy IV, the third was Patrick SmartPants, the fourth was Krabby Road and the fifth was Single Cell Anniversary.
- When this episode aired,it started out as Old Man Patrick. After the scene of Spongebob on the picture, it cut to the title card for Oral Report. This was fixed in later airings.
- Madame Hag is seen in the deleted scenes.
- The painting SpongeBob fell on was similar to "The Birth of Venus." Except with fish.
- Sea Urchin
- People at the Famed Bikini Bottom Opera House:
- Security Guards-at the Museum
- SpongeBob's House
- Squidward's House
- Patrick's House
- Art Museum
- Bikini Bottom Men's Club
- The Famed Bikini Bottom Opera House
|← Season 7 Season 8 Season 9 →|