Pest of the West (Episode)
|Pest of the West|
|Airdate:||4 November (?) 2008|
|Previous Episode:||To Save a Squirrel|
|Next Episode:||20,000 Patties Under the Sea|
|SpongeBob SquarePants||Tom Kenny|
|Patrick Star||Bill Fagerbakke|
|Squidward Tentacles||Rodger Bumpass|
|Sandy Cheeks||Carolyn Lawrence|
|Mr. Krabs||Clancy Brown|
"Pest of the West" is an episode from Season 5.
After annoying Squidward and a customer by making Toot-toot sounds to bring the Krabby Patty, SpongeBob is rushed up and worried when Patrick pretends he is trying to be his great-great-great uncle Patrick Revere and he does not have to succeed in anything because his ancestor already did it for him. It's too bad nobody listened to him, because the mollusks were really coming! Then, SpongeBob realizes that Mr. Krabs' great-great Grandpappy Krabs, is the inventor of spend trip bill pull system which is a finger snatcher will make your fingers swollen by the money-pulling gag for pickpockets (a parody of the mousetrap).
Then, SpongeBob sees a jellyfish Goo-covered statue that resembles a fish. SpongeBob then saw Sandy and asked her if she has any famous relative. She replies, Rosy Cheeks is the first Squirrel who discovered oil. Sandy then shows SpongeBob his ancestors and family at the Bikini Bottom Library of the ancestors of Bikini Bottom Families Book, and they skip down to the S content (which Sandy mentions there's a family with a last name called SquareShirt, which takes off SquarePants) where they see SpongeBuck SquarePants.
The Setting is 1870. It was the early village called Dead Eye Gulch, and it was attacked by a villain from the east also known as that no-good Dead Eye. SpongeBuck buys a vanilla ice cream from a ice cream parlor, and then goes into the Krusty Kantina. He tells Squidward to give him a 2% Organic Milk, which almost makes SpongeBuck nauseous. Then, Pecos Patrick yells out Dead Eye's a coming to the Gulch. Mrs. Puff, Mr. Krabs, Patrick, Tom, Fred, and others except SpongeBuck sing the song about Dead Eye Plankton called Dead Eye. Then, Dead Eye Plankton shows up, and steals the Krusty Kantina's money and injures everybody with his electric shocking wire. Then, SpongeBuck yells out that Mr. Krabs' money is not his, and then Plankton slaps SpongeBuck's feet and car jockey with his electric shocking wire, making SpongeBuck run away to a nearby desert and Dead Eye Plankton attacks everyone (and he breaks the fourth wall by also slapping his wire at the audience). Later, Pecos Patrick tells SpongeBuck not to give up and go back to Dead Eye Gulch. They use a short cut by landing onto a cactus, making them yell, scream, and jump in pain back into the town. Then, Dead Eye Plankton takes away all of Squidward, Mr. Krabs, and Mrs. Puff's Ancestors clothes, leaving them in nothing but their underwear and mini-shirts. Then, SpongeBuck decides to make a plan, but all he can say is bzzz-bzzz-bzzz-bzzz. Then, SpongeBuck and Dead Eye Plankton meet at 12:00 p.m. Noon Sharp, and they make a slow battle standoff. Then, slowly, SpongeBuck walks forward. Then Dead Eye Plankton walks up forward too, and they both slowly walk forward, without saying anything, and they keep slowy go forward until...SpongeBuck quickly wins by accidentally stepping on Dead Eye Plankton, thus the town is saved, and everyone gets revenge for one dollar on Dead Eye Plankton by stepping on him! The 1870s cowboy hero tale ends.
Back To Bikini Bottom
Then, SpongeBob runs out of the library, and cleans up the entire jellyfish Goo, thus revealing the SpongeBuck golden statue. Sandy Cheeks becomes very jealous because she does not have an ancestor statue, and she tries not to be angry by just saying "Keep dreaming SpongeBob. Keep Dreaming."
Night at The Krusty Kantina
In the final scene SpongeBuck and Pecos Patrick sing Idiot Friends, meaning no matter how stupid they are, they're always friends, with Dead Eye Plankton pulling Pecos Patrick's pants down during the song but Spongebuck helps Pecos Patrick pull his pants up.
- Patrick said that Dead Eye had a big, dead eye. BUT he has only one eye and it isn't dead. However, if it was, he couldn't see. It is most likely Dead Eye's Plankton nickname to cause fear.
- The title for this episode is a reference to the 1939 short comedy film "Pest from the West", starring Buster Keaton and the phrase "Best in the West".
- (Another interpretation of the episode title) The title could be a parody of the American sitcom entitled "Best of the West," which has a similar story line.
- Pest of the West premiered on Monday, April 13 in the UK and in the US it premiered on Friday, April 11 at 8:00 p.m.
- The DVD was released after the episode's UK premiere on April 13.
- Dead Eye Plankton breaks the fourth wall by hitting the audience with the whip just before the intermission interruption.
- Dead Eye is a parody of Red Eye.
- Patrick's imitation of his famous relative and the story of how his relative became famous is a parody of Paul Revere.
- The mollusks are coming! The mollusks are coming! is a parody of Paul Revere's quote The British are coming! The British are coming!
- SpongeBob's Uncle Sherm finally appears as a photo in SpongeBob's wallet.
- This is the second special to have Mrs. Puff. The first was The Sponge Who Could Fly.
- Patrick doesn't have to accomplish anything in his life because his great ancestor already did it for him is not true. Patrick passed the Dirty Bubble Challenge of Paddleball as in Have You Seen This Snail? and he accomplished his great mission with SpongeBob to go bring back King Neptune's Crown from Shell City and free Bikini Bottom from Plankton's evil Plan Z in The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie. Does that mean he accomplished anything? Of course, though, the movie takes place AFTER the whole series. Also, he didn't HAVE to accomplish those things
- Dead Eye Gulch is a possible spoof of Deadwood Gulch, a town/area in South Dakota.
- Even though there is a salloon piano in the Krusty Kantina, it is never mentioned at all in the episode.
- The Squeeze Tentacles is really named Hopalong Squidward (mentioned in the credits)
- How does the shape of the statue change from a person to SpongeBob's grandfather?
- It is unknown whether there is a western Karen.But computers weren't invented back then.
- When SpongeBuck entered the Krusty Kantina there's a bell on him, but in the next shot it wasn't there.
- "Dead Tree Hill" is probably a parody of the seires "One Tree Hill".
- How can Dead Eye Plankton still survive and walk and shout after getting stepped on so hard for so many times?
- Plankton was right that the Plankton family gets always stepped on in Plankton's Army.
- SpongeBuck says to Mr. Krabs' 7th great grandfather, "My name's SpongeBuck. I left home to make my way here in the big city" but Dead Eye Gulch is a town not a city.
- Mr. Krabs
- Krusty Krab male Customer
- Pecos Patrick
- Dead Eye Plankton
- Mr. Krabs' Western Ancestor
- Mrs. Puff's Western Ancestor
- Squidward's Western Ancestor
- Patrick Revere
- Western Nancy
- Western Sadie Rechid
- Western Timmy
- Rosie Cheeks (mentioned)
- Sherm SquarePants( seen in a picture)
Transcript and Songs
|← Season 4 Season 5 Season 6 →|