Plankton Gets the Boot (Episode)
|Plankton Gets the Boot|
|Airdate:||March 11, 2017|
|Previous Episode:||SpongeBob's Place|
|Next Episode:||Life Insurance|
|SpongeBob SquarePants||Tom Kenny|
|Sheldon J. Plankton||Doug Lawrence|
|Karen Plankton||Jill Talley|
Plankton Gets the Boot is an episode from Season 10.
At the Chum Bucket, Plankton is making his final touches to The Analyzer. Karen tells Plankton about her new screensaver, but Plankton ignores and then disagrees her screensaver. He accidentally gets sucked up by The Analyzer, and then is shown to be "100% big jerk" by the machine. The Analyzer also praises Karen's new screensaver. Annoyed by the machine, Plankton destroys it. Karen gets so fed up with Plankton for not talking appropriately to her that she kicks him out of the Chum Bucket, as well as shutting the doors completely to him.
Plankton visits Mr. Krabs' house, only for his house's door to be closed. Plankton then suddenly meets SpongeBob. He invites Plankton to stay with him, but Plankton doesn't like to, though he soon reluctantly agrees after knowing that he needs a place to stay. SpongeBob is happy to see that Plankton can stay at his house, and watches a romantic movie. Plankton then looks at his portrait of Karen and him, which makes him feel sad. SpongeBob tells him that everything will be all right, and calmly talks to Plankton about Plankton's issues. Plankton admits he is a mean person and wants to change.
Outside SpongeBob's house, Plankton tries to do a good deed to Patrick to open the door for him, but backfires because he is too small to reach the normal-sized door's doorknob and that Patrick is too large to fit into the tiny door that Plankton is able to open by himself. Plankton gets angry that Patrick cannot fit through the tiny door, so SpongeBob tells Plankton to try something else.
Back in SpongeBob's house SpongeBob tells Plankton to say something nice, since it appears difficult for him to do something nice, due to size limitations. It backfires when Patrick admires Plankton's antennae, interpreting that "mocking" about his antennae was insulting.
Back outside, SpongeBob tells Plankton about "working on his terrible outsides," since Plankton has typical bad characteristics that he cannot change from the inside. SpongeBob tries making makeovers for him, but doesn't like the idea of it. Plankton then suggests the idea of SpongeBob to disguise as a robot.
With SpongeBob disguised as a robot, disguised with the name "Shelby Nautica," Plankton and SpongeBob step into the Chum Bucket. Karen greets them in, and finds that Plankton is in the Chum Bucket. Plankton tells her that Shelby Nautica is her robot date, and wants a nice table. Karen analyzes Shelby Nautica and she detects that it's SpongeBob. Pretending to ignore that Shelby Nautica is a disguise, she gives Plankton a bucket of chum and Shelby Nautica a "bucket of grease, chopped up full of nuts and bolts." SpongeBob refuses to eat, but does so anyway to avoid disguise reveal. Plankton pretends to romantically love Shelby Nautica, but Karen quickly tells Plankton that hers.
Karen tells Plankton that Shelby Nautica is his, which then SpongeBob is joyful to the fact that Karen no longer loves Plankton. Plankton then angrily tells SpongeBob that his goal was to get Karen to still love him. Karen apologizes to Plankton about her angry attitudes, and allowed him to kiss her. She turns on the same screensaver as previously seen, and Plankton is disgusted by it, calling it a "fat screensaver." Karen gets angry at Plankton again for talking inappropriately to her and kicks Plankton out of the Chum Bucket again.
- When SpongeBob and Plankton are eating popcorn on SpongeBob's couch, many objects from other episodes are visible in the background:
- Whirly Brain ("Whirly Brains")
- Pretzel Pals ("Buried in Time")
- Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy Paddle Ball Set ("Have You Seen This Snail?")
- Patrick! The Game (the episode of the same name)
- The Flying Dutchman's Treasure Hunt ("Arrgh!")
- Eels and Escalators ("Sailor Mouth")
- Mermaid Man Action Figure ("Mermaid Man vs. SpongeBob" and "Toy Store of Doom")
- Pin-the-tail-on-the-seahorse ("Opposite Day")
- Rocky Road ("Goodbye, Krabby Patty?")
- Krusty Krab Pizza ("Pizza Delivery")
- Colorful balloons spelling "F.U.N." are also seen; this is a reference to the episode of the same name.
- Similar objects from other episodes have appeared in SpongeBob's house in the previous episode, "SpongeBob's Place."
- This episode aired on the same day of the 2017 Kids Choice Awards.
- There are 36 eyes on the title card.
- The Analyzer's outputting of Plankton's components is similar to that of how Karen did in the episode "Plankton!."
- This is the first episode of Season 10 to feature Plankton with a major role.
- This is Karen's first appearance in Season 10.
 International Airdates
- March 19, 2017 (Israel)
- March 20, 2017 (Turkey)
- April 6, 2017 (Greece)
- April 7, 2017 (Netherlands)
- April 16, 2017 (Russia)
- April 30, 2017 (Poland)
- May 20, 2017 (Canada)
- July 13, 2017 (Germany)
|← Season 9 Season 10 Season 11 →|