|Airdate:||15 March 2000|
|Previous Episode:||The Paper|
|Next Episode:||Rock Bottom|
|SpongeBob SquarePants||Tom Kenny|
|Patrick Star||Bill Fagerbakke|
|Mr. Krabs||Clancy Brown|
Arrgh! is an episode from Season 1.
At the Krusty Krab, SpongeBob shouts "Eight doubloons! I'm rich!" Upon hearing this, Mr. Krabs jumps over to SpongeBob, saying "I saw it first!" He then realises that SpongeBob and Patrick are playing a board game, and that SpongeBob does not have any physical dubloons. Patrick tells him the name of the game (The Flying Dutchman's Treasure Hunt), and that it's based on a real treasure hunt. Mr. Krabs wins 17 times in a row, and SpongeBob wants to go home and sleep. However, Mr. Krabs seems to be addicted to the game, and keeps on persuading him to play more. SpongeBob goes to sleep, and the next morning he sees Mr. Krabs in a pirate ship. Mr. Krabs tells him that he's on a treasure hunt, and SpongeBob and Patrick decide to join him. But, they goof of while trying learn how to be pirates, and crash the boat in doing so. They follow instructions, until they get to the two-leaved seaweed (It actually has three, but Mr. Krabs pulls off a leaf so it only has two). Mr. Krabs also tells them that they're not allowed to look at the map. The map tells them to go 10,000 paces east, and Mr. Krabs asks Patrick which way is east. He looks at a compass, and points west.
After 10,000 paces, there is nothing, and Mr. Krabs says "But we did everything the map said! 10,000 paces east!" Patrick immediately replies "Oh. East? I thought you said weast!" Mr. Krabs says "Weast? What kind of compass are you reading?" "This one, sir." Mr. Krabs grabs Patrick's compass and says "That's west, Patrick. You're fired again!" After going around 9,552 paces east, they set up a camp. Patrick and SpongeBob look at the map. They realize that it's their board game taped to a piece of old paper. Mr. Krabs catches them, and they beg for mercy outside. However, they find the 'X', and start digging. They find the treasure, but Mr. Krabs wants it all for himself and they argue. The Flying Dutchman is woken up, and congratulates SpongeBob and Patrick for saving him "a lot of digging". He keeps the treasure, but gives them two gold dubloons. Mr. Krabs asks for a reward (because he is the captain), but only receives a tiny plastic treasure chest (but it's based on a real treasure chest).
- This is the first episode to have Mr. Krabs as the main antagonist.
- This is the second appearance of The Flying Dutchman.
- In the Z to A Countdown Special, the episode's slogan is X Marks the Spot: Arrgh!
- The line "All for one, and one for all!" is a reference to the Three Musketeers.
- SpongeBob and Patrick in their pirate outfits are used for a SpongeBob.com game.
- This is the first time were Mr. Krabs, SpongeBob and Patrick pretend to be pirates. The second one is Grandpappy the Pirate.
- There are pirate Outfits for Spongebob and Patrick to go with this episode in Build-a-Bear Workshop.
- The scene where Fred says "Rev up those fryers, cause I am sure hungry for one.." before being thrown out by Mr. Krabs has received Internet popularity.
|Season 1 Season 2 →|