Tea at the Treedome (Episode)
|Tea at the Treedome|
|Airdate:||May 1, 1999|
|Previous Episode:||Reef Blower|
|SpongeBob SquarePants||Tom Kenny|
|Sandy Cheeks||Carolyn Lawrence|
|Patrick Star||Bill Fagerbakke|
Tea at the Treedome is an episode from Season 1.
The episode starts out with SpongeBob jellyfishing in Jellyfish Fields. Shortly after, he spots somebody wrestling a giant clam. He takes out his field guide book, and identifies her as a 'land squirrel'. SpongeBob thinks she is in trouble, and goes to wrestle the clam himself.
The squirrel manages to escape the clam, but SpongeBob ends up inside of it. The squirrel then rescues SpongeBob, and throws the clam out of the area. The squirrel introduces herself as Sandy Cheeks. SpongeBob inquires about the helmet she wears, and Sandy tells him that it is her air helmet. SpongeBob does not know what air is, but claims to love it to impress her. Sandy then invites him to her Treedome for "Texas tea" and cookies. SpongeBob quickly runs over to Patrick and tells him everything that happened. He tells SpongeBob that 'putting on airs' is fancy talk. Patrick tells SpongeBob to hold his pinky finger up high if he wants to be fancy.
SpongeBob later arrives at Sandy's Treedome, and the water level drops. He panics and tells Sandy that there is no water. She tells him that there is only air. SpongeBob lies about him having no problem, and he tries hard to breathe. He does not realize that sea creatures breathe water to survive.
Sandy gives SpongeBob a tour of her Treedome, showing him her oak tree house, a bird bath, among other things. During this, SpongeBob quickly sneaks over to the bird bath, which is filled with water; he eventually figures out that he needs water to breathe. SpongeBob gives Sandy some flowers, and she gets a vase for them.
Meanwhile, Patrick, watching from outside the Treedome, tells SpongeBob to keep his pinky finger up high. Sandy comes back and puts the flowers in a vase filled with water on the picnic table. SpongeBob tries to resist drinking the water while Sandy gets the tea and cookies. SpongeBob eventually drinks it and runs for the door, declaring that he is a quitter. Patrick thinks SpongeBob is shy of Sandy, and he enters the Treedome and tries to convince him to stay.
After a moment, Patrick also realizes that there is no water. The two struggle to leave the Treedome. Both Patrick and SpongeBob eventually dry up on the grass. Sandy eventually returns and gives them water-filled helmets.
In the end, proposes a toast to new friends, and they drink their tea. SpongeBob and Patrick gulp down the tea-filled water in their new helmets, with their pinky fingers pointing up.
 Associated Production Music
- Kapono Beamer (title card)
- Steve Belfer, Nicolas Carr (opening)
- Gregor F. Narholz (Sandy fighting clam)
- Gregor F. Narholz (clam attacks Sandy)
- ("Hold on, little squirrel.")
- Jonathan Neal ("You have fought well, giant clam.")
- Gregor F. Narholz ("Your shell is mine!")
- The Mel-Tones ("Hold on there, little square dude.")
- Kapono Beamer (Sandy introduced)
- Gregor F. Narholz ("Oh, yeah? Watch this!")
[original music by Sage Guyton and Jeremy Wakefield] (Sandy invites SpongeBob over)
- Dick Stephen Walter ("That's just fancy talk.")
- Mladen Franko (SpongeBob banging on Sandy's door)
- Jennifer Jones (harp music)
- Dick Stephen Walter ("Course there's no water.")
- Richard Myhill (Sandy giving SpongeBob a tour)
- Richard Myhill ("Pinky, pinky!")
- Frederic Chopin, Alfred Kluten ("I brought you some flowers.")
- Jean Clero ("I gotta get out of here!")
- Jennifer Jones ("I like you, SpongeBob.")
- Jean Clero (SpongeBob struggling to open door)
- Dick Stephen Walter ("When in doubt, pinky out.")
- Gregor F. Narholz ("I don't need water! Water's for quitters!")
- Gregor F. Narholz ("I don't need it... I don't need it...")
- The Mel-Tones ("I NEED IT!")
- Ronald Hanmer (SpongeBob and Patrick dried up)
- [original music by Sage Guyton and Jeremy Wakefield] (ending)
- This is the first 11-minute episode of the series.
- The bowls on SpongeBob’s and Patrick's heads have the opening up, while in all subsequent episodes (except Chimps Ahoy, Squidtastic Voyage, and WhoBob WhatPants?) the opening is down.
- When Sandy is filling SpongeBob and Patrick's helmets with water, she fills Patrick's first. However, you'll notice that SpongeBob is smiling with relief before Sandy fills his helmet.
- When SpongeBob says That little squirrel is in trouble, there is only two belt slices on his pants rather than four.
- In this episode, Sandy's tail is not seen when she has on her suit.
- This is the first episode in which SpongeBob wears his glasses. The second time is Jellyfishing.
- The chapter book based on the episode includes an extra scene where SpongeBob takes flowers from Squidward's garden and Squidward angrily scolds at him for it.
|Season 1 Season 2 →|