Karate Choppers (Episode)
|Airdate:||November 30, 1999|
|Next Episode:||Sleepy Time|
|SpongeBob SquarePants||Tom Kenny|
|Squidward Tentacles||Rodger Bumpass|
|Sandy Cheeks||Carolyn Lawrence|
|Mr. Krabs||Clancy Brown|
Karate Choppers is an episode from Season 1.
- Mr. Krabs
- Customers at Krusty Krab
- Old Man Jenkins
- Volcano Sauce Drop
SpongeBob and Sandy are playing Karate. SpongeBob is carefully going around the house looking for her, until she jumps out. They fight, and have lots of fun. Sandy tells him that she will sneak up on him and fight him tomorrow. SpongeBob thinks anyone or anything can be Sandy, so he is cautious and does not work much. Mr. Krabs demands to know what is going on, so SpongeBob explains to him that he is playing karate. He pronounces it and Mr. Krabs says he should be making him money, with his spatula. Therefore, Mr. Krabs tells him to stop playing karate, or he will be fired. Sandy fights him, and SpongeBob tells her that Mr. Krabs will fire him. Sandy does not believe him and then Mr. Krabs catches SpongeBob and angrily fires him, as he thinks Sandy's fault was SpongeBob's (even though he was just standing around). After Sandy explains that it was not Spongebob's fault, Mr. Krabs gives SpongeBob his job back. And then he tells him: No more karate, its poisoning your mind. SpongeBob and Sandy try to forget karate by going to the park having lunch. SpongeBob uses his hands to cut a slice of barnacle loaf, which makes Sandy remember Karate. They then begin chopping tomatoes, cheese, and lettuce to make the sandwiches and begin playing Karate again. While Mr. Krabs is taking a walk through the park and sees things chopped in half and sees that SpongeBob and Sandy were doing Karate, but decides for them to use their karate for entertainment at the Krusty Krab.
- There is a game on Nickelodeon.com called "Kah-Rah-Tay Contest" to tie in with this episode.
- The hot sauce drop is played by Tom Kenny (the voice of SpongeBob and additional characters like Gary, French narrator, and Patchy the Pirate).
- SpongeBob imagined his face, though.
- SpongeBob and Sandy manage to make tons of Krabby Patties from just one hunk of barnacle loaf.
- When SpongeBob says "And I'll cut the cheese.", he means that he will slice the cheese. But, this can also be a reference to flatulence.
- This ended up as Number Four in the 10 Happiest Moments: A Top Ten Countdown of the Happiest Moments of All Time! DVD.
- In one scene Sandy karate kicks SpongeBob into the background and as he is doing this he yells "curses"! As SpongeBob says it, Sandy's lips move.
- Why did SpongeBob think that Sandy was in the men's room?
|Season 1 Season 2 →|