Karate Choppers (Episode)
|Airdate:||December 31, 1999|
|Next Episode:||Sleepy Time|
|SpongeBob SquarePants||Tom Kenny|
|Squidward Tentacles||Rodger Bumpass|
|Sandy Cheeks||Carolyn Lawrence|
|Mr. Krabs||Clancy Brown|
Karate Choppers is an episode from Season 1.
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Sandy Cheeks
- Mr. Krabs
- Squidward Tentacles
- Customers at Krusty Krab
- Old Man Jenkins
- Volcano Sauce Drop (debut)
SpongeBob and Sandy are playing Karate. SpongeBob is carefully going around the house looking for her, until she jumps out. They fight, and have lots of fun. Sandy tells him that she will sneak up on him and fight him tomorrow. SpongeBob thinks anyone or anything can be Sandy, so he is cautious and does not work much. Mr. Krabs demands to know what is going on, so SpongeBob explains to him that he is playing karate. He pronounces it and Mr. Krabs says he should be making him money, with his spatula. Therefore, Mr. Krabs tells him to stop playing karate, or he will be fired. Sandy fights him, but SpongeBob tries to tell her that Mr. Krabs will fire him if he fights her. However, Sandy does not believe him and then Mr. Krabs catches SpongeBob and angrily fires him, as he thinks Sandy's fault was SpongeBob's (even though he was just standing around). After Sandy explains that it was not SpongeBob's fault, Mr. Krabs agrees to let SpongeBob off the hook, as long as he promises not to do anymore karate because it would poison his mind. SpongeBob and Sandy try to forget karate by going to the park having lunch. SpongeBob uses his hands to cut a slice of barnacle loaf, which makes Sandy remember Karate. They then begin chopping tomatoes, cheese, and lettuce to make the sandwiches and begin playing Karate again. While Mr. Krabs is taking a walk through the park, he sees things chopped in half and sees that SpongeBob was doing Karate with Sandy again. He tried to hide the fact that he did it, but then he admits it, saying that he just couldn't help himself. SpongeBob thinks Mr Krabs should fire him for this, but Mr Krabs decided not to, because he has a great idea. He lets him and Sandy use their karate for entertainment at the Krusty Krab.
- There is a game on Nickelodeon.com called "Kah-Rah-Tay Contest" to tie in with this episode.
- The hot sauce drop is played by Tom Kenny (the voice of SpongeBob and additional characters like Gary, French narrator, and Patchy the Pirate).
- SpongeBob imagined his face, though.
- SpongeBob and Sandy manage to make tons of Krabby Patties from just one hunk of barnacle loaf.
- When SpongeBob says "And I'll cut the cheese.", he means that he will slice the cheese. But, this can also be a reference to flatulence.
- This ended up as Number Four in the 10 Happiest Moments DVD.
- In one scene Sandy karate kicks SpongeBob into the background and as he is doing this he yells "curses"! As SpongeBob says it, Sandy's lips move.
- Why did SpongeBob think that Sandy was in the men's room?
- This episode first aired on December 31, 1999, and is the last episode to air during the 1990s decade.
- When SpongeBob karate chops the first slice of barnacle loaf, the mustard suddenly disappears.
|Season 1 Season 2 →|