Reef Blower (Episode)
|Airdate:||May 1, 1999|
|Previous Episode:||Help Wanted|
|Next Episode:||Tea at the Treedome|
|SpongeBob SquarePants||Tom Kenny|
|Squidward Tentacles||Rodger Bumpass|
Reef Blower is an episode from Season 1.
- Harry (seen driving a boatmobile)
- Fred (seen driving a boatmobile with a double of himself in the passenger's seat)
- Outside Squidward's House
- Outside SpongeBob's House
- Outside Patrick's House
- Downtown Bikini Bottom (Cameo)
Squidward walks outside and sees a shell on his lawn. He believes that it ruins the appearance of his lawn, so he kicks it onto SpongeBob's lawn. Suddenly, SpongeBob pops out of his window and sees the shell. Trying to clean his lawn, SpongeBob takes his "reef blower" (an underwater version of a leaf blower) and starts to blow away the tiny shell. But the only thing he blows is a large column of sand landing onto Squidward. To fix this problem, SpongeBob blows the sand off, which irritates Squidward's eyes. SpongeBob peers over at his sidewalk and sees a pile of sand. He then sucks the pile of sand into the reef blower, which malfunctions. The sand and a few mechanical gears blow out. So SpongeBob unzips the reef blower and puts them in himself. When the reef blower refuses to start, SpongeBob pulls the cord to an extreme distance and it finally starts. However, it sucks in all of the water. The reef blower then explodes, leaving piles of sand all over Squidward's lawn, while SpongeBob's lawn is perfectly clean. Satisfied, SpongeBob goes back inside, while the shell lands on Squidward's nose.
- When shown on TV this episode and Help Wanted are literally stuck together. The title card for this episode pops up as soon as Help Wanted finishes with no commercials in-between. This format is also used several times in Season 5.
- Squidward is shown in this episode to turn purple over water. In other episodes he stays the same.
- This is the shortest episode to date, with a length of 2 minutes and 51 seconds.
- When the reef blower blows up, the crash SFX used is the one often used on The Wubbulous World of Dr. Seuss.
- Although this is the only episode that is silent, SpongeBob says "You", although he only mouthes it. The word is seen as a subtitle.
- This is the first episode where SpongeBob's garage is seen.
- This is the first time a reef blower is seen. It also appears in Squidville and Born to Be Wild.
- The episode was orginally going to have dialogue, but the recording equipment broke and the episode was rewritten to be silent.
- This is the only episode to have no title card music. Instead it uses the sound of seagulls crying and waves crashing.
- This is the only episode with no dialogue.
- In this episode, Squidward is seen to have a flowerpot beside his door, an outdoor table and chair, and a hammock. They are never seen again.
|Season 1 Season 2 →|