Jellyfish Jam (Episode)
|Airdate:||August 28, 1999|
|Previous Episode:||Hall Monitor|
|Next Episode:||Sandy's Rocket|
|SpongeBob SquarePants||Tom Kenny|
Jellyfish Jam is an episode from Season 1.
- Stadium Rave
- Jellyfish Jam
After SpongeBob captures a jellyfish in Jellyfish Fields, it does not want SpongeBob to go away. SpongeBob is at first hesitant of taking it home with him, but he later brings it home as a pet. He shows it to an uninterested Squidward, and the two then go into SpongeBob's house.
Inside SpongeBob's house, the jellyfish and SpongeBob dance to pop music, and the boombox's friction causes Squidward's house to shake. SpongeBob goes to bed twelve hours later in the nighttime. The jellyfish, on the other hand, does not want to go to bed and it and SpongeBob fight whether the boombox should be on or not. SpongeBob puts it on a leash and goes to bed. During the night, the jellyfish finds the other jellyfish outside the bedroom window, and it invites them to party in SpongeBob's house.
The next morning, SpongeBob wakes up and notices that his pet jellyfish is missing. He then looks for it. He finally settles downstairs and finds a lot of jellyfishes partying. SpongeBob, angry, tried to get the jellyfishes out his house, but nothing he tried worked. Squidward tried to horribly play his clarinet to get rid of the jellyfishes, but they stung him and broke his clarinet. SpongeBob heads out with the CD player, but the jellyfishes pull it back toward them. They all pull on it, and the CD player then collapses and breaks. The jellyfishes become angry and sting SpongeBob. Him and Gary rush to hide at the top of the house.
On top of the house, SpongeBob finds out that the jellyfishes calm down Gary's eyes clash together and create a musical beat. SpongeBob then heads to Jellyfish Fields with Gary, who continues his musical beat, and the jellyfishes follow them. SpongeBob and Jellyfish Fields' nature make music which the jellyfishes enjoy. Once the jellyfishes dance to the music they created, SpongeBob and Gary head back home.
- This is the first SpongeBob episode which uses computer-generated imagery.
- This is the only episode where SpongeBob's green bathrobe is used for most of the episode.
- The dance music that the jellyfish and SpongeBob dance to (called "Stadium Rave" on the SpongeBob CD The Yellow Album) has beats similar to the song "Get Ready For This" by 2 Unlimited.
- The song "Stadium Rave" is an excerpt from "Stadium Rave" from the Associated Production Music album, Clubmix.
- The song "Stadium Rave" is heard in one of the Real California Milk Happy Cow commercials.
- The episode shares its name with a VeggieTales book.
- This title card is similar to the one from "Jellyfishing".
- On the Graphic Equalizer, the presets shown are Disco, Rock, Pop, Obnoxious, and Classical.
 Animation errors
- When SpongeBob and Gary head to the pineapple's roof, the jellyfish follow. The viewer can see in this scene there is a single window on SpongeBob's House.
- When SpongeBob is telling the jellyfish to go to bed, he's wearing his clothes. When he goes to his bedroom, he's still wearing his clothes, but after SpongeBob ties the jellyfish to his bed, he is in his underwear.
- When SpongeBob requests Squidward to play the clarinet better, Squidward's wearing his pajamas. When the camera comes closer to him, he's wearing his regular clothes. When prepares to play the clarinet through the speaker, he is wearing his pajamas again.
- When SpongeBob "milks" Jelly, he touches its stingers, but does not get stung.
- When SpongeBob puts on his green bathrobe as he tries to find Jelly, the bathrobe is not hung by a hook.
|Season 1 Season 2 →|