Nature Pants (Episode)
|Airdate:||September 11, 1999|
|Previous Episode:||Squeaky Boots|
|Next Episode:||Opposite Day|
|SpongeBob SquarePants||Tom Kenny|
|Sandy Cheeks||Carolyn Lawrence|
|Patrick Star||Bill Fagerbakke|
Nature Pants is an episode from Season 1.
At work, SpongeBob daydreams of living with the jellyfish. He accidentally starts a fire, and a fireman runs in and turns on the hose. SpongeBob is in the way, thus fills up with water and falls on the fire, putting it out. After Mr. Krabs scrapes SpongeBob off the grill, he asks SpongeBob why he was not concentrating, and SpongeBob explains that he wishes to live in the wild. Mr. Krabs thinks he is joking, until SpongeBob walks out. SpongeBob then gives Patrick mayonnaise, old phone books, and his special jellyfishing net, Ol' Reliable. He even takes off all his clothes.
SpongeBob tries to fit in with the jellyfish, but is continuously shocked (literally) by them. Patrick is furious at SpongeBob’s decision and tries to catch him while jellyfishing. Nothing seems to persuade SpongeBob to come home, until he is bitten by poisonous sea urchins (they appear to be the underwater equivalent of mosquitoes). He decides to come back home, and everyone welcomes him back. Then, he puts on his clothes again and everyone hugs him (Squidward is forced to). The bacteria causing the itchiness spreads, and everyone becomes itchy, except for SpongeBob.
- After SpongeBob leaves, Squidward and Sandy try to guess how much days before he comes back. Sandy guesses a week, but Squidward guesses 11 minutes. This is a reference to approximately how long an average episode is. Squidward would also make a reference to this in the episode Club SpongeBob, a fish would do the same thing in the episode Missing Identity, as well as a time card in Planet of the Jellyfish.
- When SpongeBob wakes up from his daydream, the grill is shown facing the opposite side of the window. This is the first time it is shown like this. This also happens in Your Shoe's Untied and Bummer Vacation.
- The first episode SpongeBob eats a Krabby Patty. This episode also reveals SpongeBob's favorite food is a Krabby Patty.
- The same cave SpongeBob gets bitten by sea urchins appears once again in the episode SpongeHenge where SpongeBob builds the SpongeBob Stones.
- Ol' Reliable is also seen in the episode The Pink Purloiner.
- Mr. Krabs gives SpongeBob a Krabby Patty for free.
- At the beginning of the episode, there is a fire underwater.
- After Patrick unsuccesfully tries to catch SpongeBob he breaks Ol' Reliable in half, yet in Ol' Reliable's second appearance in The Pink Purloiner, Ol' Reliable is okay.
- If Sandy has an air helmet and suit, she shouldn't have been able to get itchy.
- The fire extinguisher disappears after the fire is put out.
- When the giant snail meows, the original captions say "Wow!".
- Sandy's head is smaller than it usually is.
- The jellyfish hive appears to be smaller on the outside and bigger on the inside.
- The sideview of the Krusty Krab when SpongeBob was walking to it was wrong, it was a long length version of the restaurant with the (KK) Logo at the end of it, the restaurant should have been shorter.
- When the fire extinguisher hits the grill, the patties are shifted significantly to the left, with one floating in mid-air in front of the cabinet. This is corrected in the next scene (right before the grill bursts into flames).
- Sandy's neck was the same color as her muzzle when she said “There he is, Patrick. Say your line!”
- When SpongeBob went to his house he appears in the back of his house instead of the front door of his house.
|Season 1 Season 2 →|