The Krusty Sponge (Episode)
|The Krusty Sponge|
|Airdate:||24 July 2007|
|Previous Episode:||Slimy Dancing|
|Next Episode:||Sing a Song of Patrick|
|SpongeBob SquarePants||Tom Kenny|
|Patrick Star||Bill Fagerbakke|
|Mr. Krabs||Clancy Brown|
"The Krusty Sponge" is an episode from Season 5.
When an important food critic named Gene Scallop visits the Krusty Krab, Mr. Krabs tries to make sure that the Krusty Krab is alright so he gets good ratings. When Mr. Scallop reviews the Krusty Krab, he says that the service is terrible but SpongeBob's cooking is so good that they should "sponge out" the restaurant. Squidward ends up becoming a SpongeBob mascot and accidentally hits a boy desiring his autograph, due to the fact Squidward has trouble controlling his costume's arms. Mr. Krabs says he will give an autograph to him for $5, but the boy, angry his hero slapped him, leaves. Worried it may happen again, he makes Squidward the cook and tells SpongeBob to drive the Fun-train, a Sponge-themed amusement ride that goes around the restaurant.
After that, Mr. Krabs shows Squidward various SpongeBob themed changes he made to the restaurant. Eventually, SpongeBob, exhausted from constantly riding the Fun-train, stops for a breather, but the customers demand he continue riding. SpongeBob, using his wits, gets a giant SpongeBob statue and puts in it in the driver seat of the train. Squidward is then ordered by Mr. Krabs to use "Spongy Patties" (which are really rotten patties). The spongy patties cause all the customers to grow ill and act like zombies. SpongeBob, escaping the train mob, sees the zombies and knocks on Mr. Krabs' office door but Mr. Krabs refused to let SpongeBob in because he is busy dating his wads of cash. Mr. Krabs is arrested for poisoning the entire resturant, including Gene Scallop. The judge rules that he gets one final ride on the Fun-train before they convert the Krusty Sponge to the original. He gets his wish, and is given one ride around the Krusty Krab once more, driven by an annoyed Squidward.
- The appearance and name of Gene Scallop are taken from real-life food critic Gene Shalit, who happens to voice him and actually looks like him.
- The song that is played on the SpongeBob train is part of the SpongeBob theme song.
- When Tyler goes up to Squidward wearing the SpongeBob costume, Mr. Krabs called him a little girl.
- The giant SpongeBob that is holding a Krabby Patty is a spoof on the Big Boy restaurants.
- The Judge has a SpongeBob Gavel.
- This episode is a possible reference to what Nickelodeon is doing with SpongeBob (tons of merchandice, marathons very often, etc.).
- This episode use to air with Squid Wood, but now it airs with Sing a Song of Patrick.
- This is the third time SpongeBob was afraid to make a Krabby Patty. First was Pickles, second was Fear of a Krabby Patty, and fourth will be The Inside Job.
- The container that says "Tangy Spongy Sauce" actually says "Tangy Sponge Sauce".
- Gene Scallop's chin made all SpongeBob fans confuse it to be Gene Scallop smiling.
- Mr. Krabs
- Gene Scallop
- Billy (Teenager)
- Nat Peterson
- Judge Horace A. Whopper
- Bubble Bass
- Other Bikini Bottomites
|← Season 4 Season 5 Season 6 →|