This article is about the episode. For the character, see Cousin BlackJack SquarePants.
|Airdate:||2 August 2007|
|Previous Episode:||Pat No Pay|
|Next Episode:||Blackened Sponge|
|SpongeBob SquarePants||Tom Kenny|
|Patrick Star||Bill Fagerbakke|
|Squidward Tentacles||Rodger Bumpass|
|Sandy Cheeks||Carolyn Lawrence|
|Mr. Krabs||Clancy Brown|
"BlackJack" is an episode from Season 5.
SpongeBob receive a letter from his cousin Blackjack. On that letter, it says his cousin Blackjack is out of prison and has his parents. His cousin Blackjack is big, scary and mean, and since they were kids Blackjack is beating up SpongeBob. Since many years had passed, he is bigger, scarier and meaner. SpongeBob needs to save his parents. He went to his parents’ house. When SpongeBob got there his parents is gone. He saw his family portrait destroyed. SpongeBob is thinking Blackjack done that. Then he saw another note, saying he will be on his way to grandma's house. SpongeBob went to grandma's house but Blackjack was not there. Grandma's said Blackjack called and said he could not make it and Blackjack is at his house. SpongeBob worries more about his parents. SpongeBob had an idea and decided to go to Uncle Cap'n Blue. When SpongeBob went to his house, his Uncle did not help him, but instead SpongeBob help him with household work. SpongeBob is the one helping him. It took many hours before SpongeBob got to Blackjack's. Inside of Blackjack's house, he heard the scream of her mother. When SpongeBob got to the attic, it was all a big mistake. There was no crime done and it is only a celebration of Blackjack's release from prison (for the crime of littering), as told by SpongeBob's parents. Suddenly, Blackjack appears and prepares to fight. SpongeBob told himself that he's never giving up, and starts to fight... well, not really. Blackjack was actually tiny and abused SpongeBob's toe. Everybody laughs.
- Marion Ross guest voices as Grandma SquarePants.
- When SpongeBob turns around to Uncle Cap'n Blue, his face is the only moving part, but Cap'n Blue can see his red tie and brown pants collar pattern of four black lines.
- Blackjack is most likely the smallest person in SpongeBob's family.
- SpongeBob only has one tooth in front, as seen in the flashbacks.
- Blackjack only lives next to Uncle Cap'n Blue, but while SpongeBob was working, no house was shown next to his Uncle's house.
- It is shown SpongeBob can fix a boatmobile.
- This was the third appearance of SpongeBob's grandmother, Grandma SquarePants.
- This is the third time SpongeBob was ripped in half. The second time was in I Had an Accident. The first time was in Procrastination, although in Texas he was sliced in half.
- First time SpongeBob's parents' house is shown.
- Blackjack went to jail because he littered which is similiar to what happened to the Tattletale Strangler.
- Blackjack's theme song was from Plankton's theme song.
- How can Blackjack change size? He was bigger than SpongeBob, but he turns very small in that part! They were obviously very small when they were young.
- Why did Uncle Cap'n Blue put the juice in a cup,if he drank it from the liquefier? he most likely was going to give it to SpongeBob.
- Both Blackjack and SpongeBob were small back then because SpongeBob said that Blackjack hadn't changed a bit.
- The title card song was changed when it aired a few hours before The Ultimate SpongeBob SpongeBash and on September 1,2009.
- It is possible that Blackjack is puny compared to SpongeBob, because in the episode Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy IV, SpongeBob Shrinks Bikini Bottom & Blackjack was not seen during that time. He was obviously sent to jail in a different city. So, it means he was in a different city.
- The episode title card music is from Culture Shock.
- This is the only episode to have the SquarePants family shown (that includes Gary) without any other major characters.
- At the beginning of the episode, SpongeBob's House has his bedroom window opened, but he's actually in the living room.
- John DiMaggio'(see Guest Stars)guest voice of Cousin Blackjack.
- This is the second appearence of SpongeBob's cousin. The first was Stanley S. SquarePants
|← Season 4 Season 5 Season 6 →|