Slimy Dancing (Episode)
|Airdate:||31 July 2007|
|Previous Episode:||SpongeBob vs. Patty Gadget|
|Next Episode:||The Krusty Sponge|
|SpongeBob SquarePants||Tom Kenny|
|Patrick Star||Bill Fagerbakke|
|Squidward Tentacles||Rodger Bumpass|
|Sandy Cheeks||Carolyn Lawrence|
|Mr. Krabs||Clancy Brown|
"Slimy Dancing" is an episode from Season 5.
Squidward, SpongeBob, and Patrick audition for a dance contest (the Dance-a-thon). Squidward does not make it through to the dance contest, contrary to his expectations, but SpongeBob and Patrick do. When they ask Squidward how he did, he lies, saying that he is such a great dancer that he's been banned from the competition for life. SpongeBob and Patrick ask him to be their coach but Squidward at first refuses but Patrick mentions that Squidward should start tearing down the trophy case and Squidward agrees.
Squidward slips on a limbo stick and his head gets stuck inside SpongeBob. Squidward gets the idea to sit inside of SpongeBob while teaching him. SpongeBob's dancing still does not meet Squidward's expectations, so Squidward removes SpongeBob's arms and legs, sticking his own through his holes. Now Squidward can dance for SpongeBob in the competition!
On the day of the competition, Squidward's dance makes the audience silent. The dance is so horrible that it makes one audience member's eyes hurt; another audience member throws up. Squidward gets a leg cramp and starts rolling around and hopping wildly and the audience loves it. SpongeBob is declared the winner, but is disqualified when the judges discover that Squidward was inside of him. Patrick wins the competition because he was the only one of the contestants who did not cheat.
- Mr. Krabs does not appear in "Slimy Dancing." But he does appear in the epilogue.
- This is the second time that Patrick has won a trophy by default.The first was Big Pink Loser
- This is the first episode to have an epilogue at the end. The second will be in No Hat For Pat.
- Some people think the title is a spoof on the Elton John song "Tiny Dancer" but it could possibly be a spoof of the movie "Dirty Dancing".
- This is the second time Squidward got mixed up with SpongeBob. The First One Was SquidBob TentaclePants
- SpongeBob and Patrick keep switching from outside and inside Squidward's house too fast. In one scene they're inside, but then later they're outside in one second.
- The mother dialed 811 instead of 911.
- The host of the competition says that to win the trophy, there must be a lone dancer in the stage, but on the auditions, SpongeBob and Patrick was one of the finalists. If SpongeBob and Patrick were dancing together in the finals, won't they appear to be disqualified?
- Or maybe they lone dance?
- The Gag is that Squidward keeps on running into the Limbo stick SB and Patrick show everybody to get ready for the Dance-A-Thon
- This is also the 2nd time Squidward brags about winning an important contest. 1st was in The Great Snail Race.
- Mr. Krabs (He only appears in the epilogue.)
- Sadie Rechid (She only appears in the epilogue.)
- Tommy (He only appears in the epilogue.)
- Contest Judges
- Contest Audience
- Contest Participants
|← Season 4 Season 5 Season 6 →|