Night Light (Episode)
|July 30, 2007
|The Original Fry Cook
|Rise and Shine
"Night Light" is an episode of Season 5.
SpongeBob reads a scary book before going to sleep, and develops a fear of the dark. He goes to work the next day, but his fear gets so intense that he screams whenever he blinks because he sees darkness. Mr. Krabs, worried for SpongeBob, sends him to buy a night light at the Barg'n Mart. SpongeBob buys more night lights than he needs to for all the dark places in his house. Patrick wakes up and marches over to SpongeBob's house, only to have SpongeBob convince him to be afraid of the dark. Patrick pushes his rock into SpongeBob's house to sleep in the light, thus creating a massive dark hole in the wall. They buy more lights, which wake up Squidward. A light shaped like an M also alerts[Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy. There is no danger until The Moth, which MM and BB have been trying to find for 57 years, comes by. SpongeBob traps him in a lighthouse that he and Patrick had pushed into his home. But then he flies away, carrying the lighthouse and SpongeBob's house away with it. When morning comes, Patrick runs to the sun for more light, but flees because he caught on fire.
- If SpongeBob could connect night lights on every foot of his wall, it would mean that his walls would have outlets everywhere, yet it is not shown in any other episodes.
- Pinky's Dance Studio is in this episode. It may be Pink's.
- This is the second episode to have Tom Kenny's face appear. The first was in Karate Choppers, where his face was superimposed on a drop of hot sauce.
- When SpongeBob was flickering his lights and screaming, how come Squidward didn't complain?
- Gary has a tail light plug in. However it isn't seen until SpongeBob plugs in all the night lights.
- The night lights seem to cost one dollar a light.
- SpongeBob can somehow afford all of the night lights but in Life of Crime his bank at the end of the rainbow is empty.
|← Season 4 Season 5 Season 6 →