Please note: Due to constant attempts by spambots to gain access to SpongePedia, account creation is currently disabled. We apologize for any inconvenience.
You are not logged in. Please log in to get the full benefit of SpongePedia.
For further questions go to SpongePedia:Contents !
All that Glitters (Episode)
|All that Glitters|
|Airdate:||June 2, 2006|
|Previous Episode:||Karate Island|
|Next Episode:||Wishing You Well|
|SpongeBob SquarePants||Tom Kenny|
|Patrick Star||Bill Fagerbakke|
|Squidward Tentacles||Rodger Bumpass|
|Mr. Krabs||Clancy Brown|
All That Glitters is an episode from Season 4.
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Mr. Krabs
- Krusty Krab Customers
- Gary the Snail
- Replacement Doctor (final appearance)
- Le Spatula (only appearance)
- Fat Orange Guy
- Evelyn's unnamed daughter
- Squidward Tentacles
- Miss Shell
- Therapist (final appearance)
- Patrick Star (cameo)
At the Krusty Krab, an overweight fish orders a Monster Krabby Patty. This shocks SpongeBob, Mr. Krabs and the customers. So Hans drop the Monster Patty on the grill and SpongeBob tries to flip it, but his spatula (named Spat) accidentally explodes and catches fire. SpongeBob starts hysterically screaming and crying everywhere he goes, but after several minutes of uncontrollable crying, nothing happens. He feels he is unable to work without Spat, and Spat feels the same way, so Spat checks himself into the hospital, with SpongeBob following him. He sees him in the bed and SpongeBob goes through a flashback of what they have done together. Then the doctor tells SpongeBob that he should get another spatula to replace the broken spatula and SpongeBob becomes depressed.
He leaves the hospital, believing that nothing else could replace Spat, until he sees a high-tech device called: LE SPATULA. SpongeBob gives into temptation and trades everything he has, including his pants, for his replacement spatula.
After purchasing his replacement spatula, SpongeBob goes back into the Krusty Krab and attempts to flip patties after Mr. Krabs sees the replacement spatula. LE SPATULA runs away because it does not like to be filthy (thereby defeating the purpose of a spatula) or SpongeBob himself. All the customers are upset with their inability to get their food, and SpongeBob goes back to the hospital. However, before he gets to see Spat, the doctor tells him it is too late. He then watches a spatula die, but then he finds out that the spatula he just saw was not his spatula; his spatula was well patched up and taken to the Infirmary. The doctor had told SpongeBob that he did not get an acting role, not that Spat had died.
SpongeBob is delighted that Spat is back cooking Krabby Patties. Now reunited, Spat and SpongeBob still have to flip the Monster Patty, but this time, instead of Spat exploding again, SpongeBob's arms burst into flames. SpongeBob starts laughing, and the episode ends.
- Dee Bradley Baker voices Le Spatula.
- When SpongeBob says that there's only one spatula for him, this is not true. In the book called SpongeBob DetectivePants: The Case of the Missing Spatula, SpongeBob had a different spatula named "Flipper" though it's not considered canon.
- This episode was originally called "All Those Tears", but it was later changed to "All That Glitters".
- When SpongeBob breaks the fourth wall, it is a parody of a line from Shakespeare's play "The Merchant of Venice".
- The episode's title is a reference to the line All that glitters is not gold. SpongeBob even says it in this episode.
- This is one of the ten episodes in which the title card has an animation. The others are SB-129, Pre-Hibernation Week, One Krab's Trash, Idiot Box, SpongeBob Meets the Strangler, Skill Crane, Karate Island, The Donut of Shame, and The Krabby Kronicle.
- Immediately after the theme song ends, there is about two second's worth of a pause before the title card pops up. This is the only episode to have the delay.
- The purple and gold 'Le Spatula' bag is surprisingly similar to the bag used for the Canadian made Crown Royal Whiskey.
- The Monster Krabby Patty is not seen more throughout the series, possibly because it was taken out of the menu so Spat wouldn't break.
- If you look carefully, there are scenes when the green button on Le Spatula disappears.
- It is revealed that Replacement Doctor from The Lost Mattress and Funny Pants is not really a doctor and is actually an actor searching for his role.
- This is the first episode to show SpongeBob using another spatula.
- Patrick's 2nd non-speaking role, the first Just One Bite. The next will be I ♥ Dancing.
- The salesman actually cheated SpongeBob out of all of his things by the look on his face.
- The fourth wall is broken when SpongeBob says "All that glitters is not gold" because he is looking directly at the audience.
|← Season 3 Season 4 Season 5 →|