Please note: Due to constant attempts by spambots to gain access to SpongePedia, account creation is currently disabled. We apologize for any inconvenience.
You are not logged in. Please log in to get the full benefit of SpongePedia.
For further questions go to SpongePedia:Contents !
|Name:||Spatula (Spat for short)|
|Color:||Silver with Black handle|
|Enemies:||The Patty Gadget, Monster Krabby Patty, The Pirate (seen in All That Glitters), and Le Spatula|
Spat is SpongeBob's loving and hard working spatula.
Spat is actually a 'Turner'. His big role is in All that Glitters when SpongeBob breaks him trying to flip a monster Krabby Patty. Spat was then taken to a hospital. While SpongeBob was away from him he bought a spatula named Le Spatula. When SpongeBob came to get Spat he felt betrayed because SpongeBob had bought a new spatula. SpongeBob cried for him and Spatula said no to come back but ending up doing it. They share a big bond together. Spat first appeared in the episode Pickles. Sometimes, there are more than 2 or 4 spatulas, and one of them is Spat.
Spat is an average looking silver spatula who shines quite a bit. There are three holes in the flipping area and the handle is a soft black material. The Spat can withstand burning hot heat, meaning it is made of quite strong material. Spat does not have any buttons or added contraptions but it always gets the job done. He was broken by SpongeBob trying to flip a Monster Krabby Patty.
 Appearances in the Series
Spat has been in most episodes when SpongeBob is working at the Krusty Krab, although you never know the name until All that Glitters. SpongeBob uses Spat in the video game "Atlantis SquarePants" to flip objects. In the first episode: Help Wanted (Episode) there is a much more sophisticated design that SpongeBob bought at the Barg'n Mart.
 Things he did with SpongeBob
Spat and SpongeBob have been through a lot in the series as it was shown in the flashback:
- Fighting Pirates
- Getting things from under the couch
- Flipping himself to get a tan at Goo Lagoon
- Loving each other
- Playing Ping-Pong
- Scratching SpongeBob's back
- Catching rays
It was revealed that SpongeBob was attacked by an evil pirate, and Spat actually saved his life. The pirate's sword went right inside Spat's middle oval hole, and SpongeBob swung him over a cliff and defeated him.
- In the episode: Bossy Boots, SpongeBob had Spat for his Spatula although at the beginning of the episode he asked Mr. Krabs if the new Spatulas were here. That means that he might not have been there the whole time.
- Spat is not in the first episode featuring the Krusty Krab.
- Spat also comes with a built in -ballpoint pen as seen in episode: The Original Fry Cook And also, (as seen in The Splinter he even has a rope holder if SpongeBob needs a rope in the same place. It might be just the matter of what SpongeBob does and a rope or pen point pops out of the bottom and a key for his ingredient compartment in his pants.
- SpongeBob killed Spat in The Curse of Bikini Bottom.
- He is not to be confused with SpongeBob's Hydro-Dynamic spatula with Port and Starboard Attachments and Turbo Drive.
- Even though Spat is an object (a spatula), he is alive and he can move. As seen on All that Glitters
- Its name is Fifi in Little Yellow Book