The Other Patty (Episode)
|The Other Patty|
|Airdate:||June 25, 2011|
|Previous Episode:||Accidents Will Happen|
|Next Episode:||Drive Thru|
|SpongeBob SquarePants||Tom Kenny|
The Other Patty is an episode from Season 8.
It begins at the Krusty Krab when SpongeBob is taking out the trash. Then Plankton is seen trying to, once again, steal the formula. This time Mr. Krabs lets him have it, then the patty explodes as part of a new Krusty Krab security measure that can backfire on customers who swallow patties whole. SpongeBob is upset that Mr. Krabs and Plankton can't cooperate with each other, and Mr. Krabs claims they like being enemies. The episode comes to a test when a new eatery called the Flabby Patty is created. Things take an unexpected turn for the when it turns out the Flabby Patty is better than the Krabby Patty. Mr. Krabs and Plankton compete to see who could get the secret recipe, but SpongeBob explains its best if they cooperate. They disguise themselves as a employee applying for a job. The employer hires them, and their first assignment is to memorize the secret recipe. They are excited until the recipe is revealed to be about freindship. SpongeBob is revealed to be the employer, and he said he created the restaurant to teach them about cooperation and get them to help each other. Mr. Krabs and Plankton are angry at this, and the episode ends when they chase SpongeBob with their newly-formed "Co-operation".
- This episode aired in the SpongeBob Summer Marathon.
- This is similar to the time were the KelpShake place opened near the Krusty Krab.
- Squidward doesn't speak in this episode.
- This is the fourth time Mr. Krabs and Plankton are friends.
- Plankton's voice sounds slightly higher on this episode.
- Even though SpongeBob wasn't at the Flabby Patty, he was at the end of the episode.
- The only requirement to work and get a complete job at the flabby patty is to memorize the entire formula.
- This title card is similar to The Original Fry Cook.
- The fact that Mr. Krabs and Plankton were once friends can serve as an allusion to Friend or Foe?.
- This is the second episode where Mr. Krabs and Plankton unite due to a new restaurant having many customers. The first was in Best Frenemies.
- This is the second time a customer blows up. The first was in Stanley S. SquarePants.
- This is the fourth time Mr. Krabs tries to steal other formulas. The first was in Best Frenemies. The second was in Spy Buddies. The third was in Plankton's Regular.
- The expected recipe was:
1.4 pounds Grade-A Love
2.1 tablespoon Listening
3.2 tablespoons understanding
4.Mix Ingredients Thoroughly
5.Fold in Warm Heart
- Plankton said it kind of sounded like a recipe for Cannibalism but it turned out to be a recipe for friendship.
- Fred doesn't chew his Krabby Patty.
|← Season 7 Season 8 Season 9 →|