Atlantis SquarePantis (Episode)
|Line 36:||Line 36:|
Revision as of 21:44, 3 April 2015
|Episode No.:||92, Movie|
|Previous Episode:||Le Big Switch|
|Next Episode:||Picture Day|
|SpongeBob SquarePants||Tom Kenny|
|Patrick Star||Bill Fagerbakke|
|Squidward Tentacles||Rodger Bumpass|
|Sandy Cheeks||Carolyn Lawrence|
|Mr. Krabs||Clancy Brown|
Atlantis SquarePantis is a TV movie from Season 5.
- The World's Oldest Living Bubble
- Lord Royal Highness
- Gary's Snail Friends
- SpongeGar (cameo)
- Patar (cameo)
- Squog (cameo)
- Patchy the Pirate
- Potty the Parrot
- The Three Aliens (debut)
- Jellyfish Fields
- Bikini Bottom Museum
- Bikini Bottom
- Patchy the Pirate's House
SpongeBob and Patrick are in Jellyfish Fields blowing bubbles. Patrick tries to take pictures of the bubbles, but cannot as the camera is too slow. Patrick blames the camera and stomps on it, but SpongeBob says it is not the camera's fault, then accidentally blows a bubble and gets them both stuck inside it. SpongeBob and Patrick start screaming for help, unaware that the bubble has carried them into a cave, miles from Bikini Bottom. The bubble bursts on what appears to be half of the Atlantean Amulet. SpongeBob notices the letters "ANTIS" on the side. Patrick concludes that the amulet probably belonged to SpongeBob's ancestors, thinking their last name may have been "SquarePantis." They travel to the museum to find out what it is.
Later, Squidward, who had been visiting the museum at the time, accuses SpongeBob and Patrick of stealing the Atlantian Amulet as he saw the half SpongeBob was holding. He then realizes, as he sees that the amulet is still on its platform, that SpongeBob must have found the missing half, which had been lost for eons. Sandy, who was at the museum as well, says that when the two pieces are joined together, the path to Atlantis is revealed. As Squidward discusses that history of Atlantis, Mr. Krabs joins them, after performing an unsuccessful scam earlier, thus bringing the group together. Squidward joins the two halves, as they are all very eager to see Atlantis.
A van then falls from the sky, which is the key to Atlantis. However, the automated computer aboard says that "song fuel" is required in order for them to move. As everyone sings to make the bus move, with SpongeBob singing about the World's oldest living bubble in Atlantis, Mr. Krabs about money, Sandy about science, and Squidward about Art, they unfortunately do not realize Plankton is on the bus, intending to use Atlantis's superior weapons, on them, and the Atlanteans to become king of the city. Everybody sings about what they want to see in Atlantis, but this is ruined by Patrick, when he interrupts Squidward's musical number. They crash land in Atlantis on a topiary garden, and the king, Lord Royal Highness, gives them a tour of the Atlantean Empire. As they pass the door to the weapons arsenal, Plankton sneaks in and marvels at the hundreds of weapons. As they travel into the treasure, science, and art rooms, Mr. Krabs, Sandy, and Squidward respectively decide they want to stay in Atlantis as one room had more than anything they could ever get in Bikini Bottom.
Lord Royal Highness, on the other hand, is not mad and says that the bubble they popped was only a tourist attraction. He shows them the real deal, and Patrick takes a picture, thus popping the real bubble. The group is chased by the furious guards and LRH, when Plankton intervenes and tries to destroy them with a tank he found, which really only fires ice cream. LRH picks up Plankton, saying that a "talking speck" would make a much better replacement for the bubble.As soon the group left, The LRH told one of the guard's to get rid of the coin so, they can never come back. Then he said. "I thought sponges were supposed to make life easier." The group then goes back home and everyone except SpongeBob crys because they wanted to stay in Atlantis.
- The title card music is the main title from Lawrence of Arabia, composed and performed by Maurice Jarre.
- David Bowie guest voices as Lord Royal Highness.
- When Squidward is singing his song, you see SpongeGar, Patar, and Squog for a short time.
- The Sandy germ-fighting scene is a reference to many video games, including:
- Dance Dance Revolution series
- Super Mario Bros. (warp pipe)
- Dr. Mario
- Bubble Bobble
- Street Fighter (logo)
- This marks the first appearance of The Three Aliens.
- Squidward saying Atlantis’s streets are made of gold and the lamps are made of diamonds is a reference to the afterlife in Heaven where the Bible says that Heaven’s streets are made of Gold, and the Gates are made of Pearls.
- The drawing of the people from Atlantis is very similar to the drawings on The Beatles' movie Yellow Submarine.
- This is the first 60 minute episode/TV movie.
- SpongeBob dropped his bubble-blowing wand when he discovered that he and Patrick were inside the bubble, floating away. In the next shot, however, it is gone.
- The word „Atlantis“ engraved into the amulet is first seen at the top of the amulet, but all shots shot after the amulet is joined together show the writing on the bottom left side of the amulet.
- This episode has the most songs total with 8 songs.
- There are no female Atlanteans. Atlanteans may have no gender.
- Squidward was in many famous artworks:
- American Gothic
- The Persistence of Memory
- The Eiffel Tower
- The Creation of Adam
- Duchamp's urinal
- Cubist work
- Surrealist work
- Van Gogh's Starry Night
- Venice Italy
- Atlanteans are probably aliens. L.R.H. mentions a mother planet in the scene with destroying of the bubble.
- The premiere of this episode drew 8 million views. The highest amount of views in there 15 year history.
- The German Title means „SpongeBob's Atlantic Adventure“.
- Lord Royal Highness calls Sandy "Sandra" during the dining scene.
- Sandy has used Squidward as a gun, Patrick as a Boomerang, SpongeBob as a shield and Mr. Krabs a grass cutter, which inspired the many combat moves in the Atlantis Squarepantis Game for the Nintendo DS.
- The plot of 5 sea creatures going into a Paradise is a reference on „Charlie and the Chocolate Factory“.
- Notice in the beginning of the germ-fighting scene, the words, NICKELODEON 1991 are seen at the bottom.
- This is the only episode/TV movie where Atlantis is futuristic. In other episodes, it looks like Mount Olympus in Greece.
- Patchy misses Encino a lot in this episode.
- Patchy's dial tone is the end of the SpongeBob Theme.
- Patchy starts the episode stuck in traffic. But when he think's he's home at last, Encino is Gone!
- When Squidward jumped in the paintings it's similar to 1996 Nintendo 64 game Super Mario 64 and its DS sequel, Super Mario 64 DS.
- When Patchy said "Uh oh, here come the hallucinations," how did he not know that Encino was still gone?
- This is the 1st time Patchy meets SpongeBob. The 2nd time was Truth or Square?
- Despite being dubbed to Hebrew in the studios, this episode was forbidden to be broadcast in Israel due to either copyright issues or negative feedback.