Naughty Nautical Neighbors (Episode)
|Naughty Nautical Neighbors|
|Airdate:||7 August 1999|
|Next Episode:||Boating School|
|SpongeBob SquarePants||Tom Kenny|
|Patrick Star||Bill Fagerbakke|
|Squidward Tentacles||Rodger Bumpass|
|Gary the Snail||Tom Kenny|
Naughty Nautical Neighbors is the eighth episode from season 1.
The episodes starts out when Squidward has made a very good soufflé, but SpongeBob and Patrick's laughing distracts him from enjoying it. Squidward sees they are having a private conversation with bubbles. They whisper a message into the bubble wand instead of blowing into it, and when the bubble pops, the message can be heard.
Annoyed, Squidward makes bubbles of his own, imitating SpongeBob and Patrick, but insulting them both. Thinking the bubbles are from each other, SpongeBob and Patrick become angry and get into a fight, eventually declaring that they are no longer friends. Squidward eats his soufflé while laughing, but in doing so chokes on the fork. Patrick performs CPR on him, and he becomes Squidward's friend.
Patrick falls asleep on Squidward when Squidward plays his clarinet and Squidward kicks him out and also Sprains his back. SpongeBob helps Squidward and becomes his friend. SpongeBob and Squidward decide to play music. SpongeBob plays a cello which he thinks is a bassinet, but instead of music he plays the music scratchily. SpongeBob breaks it when Patrick interrupts, and Squidward kicks him out.
Squidward decides to invite Patrick and SpongeBob to a dinner party (without telling either of them that the other is coming) in order to repair their friendship. When they arrive, they are still mad at each other. Squidward tries to get them back together, but the situation devolves into a competition to see who can drink the most soda and thus become Squidward's best friend. Squidward runs out of soda and leaves to get some more. While he is gone, SpongeBob and Patrick hiccup small bubbles that make a burping sound when they burst. They find this amusing and become friends again, but because they drank so many glasses of pop (SpongeBob drank 14 glasses and Patrick drank 12), their burps create a whole load of bubbles that make Squidward's house collapse. At the end, Squidward never put his key in the door, but he was able to open it anyway. He sees the whole place destroyed and tells himself that he made a mistake. SpongeBob mentions that he and Patrick are best friends again. After Squidward tells them to get out of his house, he slams the door. Then, a bubble just hit the door, which fell on Squidward's back. Squidward then cries, "Oh, oh... my back!"
- This was the first time SpongeBob and Patrick fight.
- Squidward has an apron that says “Kiss the Squid".
- The episode's music is joined with the music of the episode Help Wanted as seen in the beginning of the episode The Smoking Peanut.
- This is the 1st time that Squidward gets red, and the second episode he was in a different color.
- There is a chapter book to tie-in with this episode.
- When Patrick gets smashed by his rock the rock lifts up.
- When SpongeBob plays the bassinet, he asks for an A. Squidward actually plays a B-flat on his clarinet. For clarinet players, this is a C.
- Patrick knows CPR.
- This title card is similar to that of a newer episode Summer Job.
- When SpongeBob was watching Squidward and Patrick from his window, his face looks like it did when he said "... a robot!" in Krab Borg.
- Squidward is seen blowing bubbles with the juice from his souffle and a fork.
- Gary's shell is smaller than usual.
- In the first scene when SpongeBob is thinking about having new friends, he suddenly has five fingers before drawing his skin with a pen if a viewer looks very closely, but in the full shot of his hand, there are four fingers.
- Squidward took nothing with him to go to the grocery store. After SpongeBob and Patrick get their friendship again by laughing carbon dioxide, Squidward has a grocery bag and keys. Soon, on the floor, there is no grocery bag or key.
- When SpongeBob performs for Squidward, they are in the music room. However, after SpongeBob gets mad at Patrick, they are now in the bathroom where SpongeBob pops out.
- While Patrick saves Squidward, there is no glass cornering and blocking inside Squidward's house backyard square window. In the last full shot of the Conch Street backyards, the window has glass.
- Squidward's house cannot be seen when SpongeBob and Patrick were fighting.
|Season 1 Season 2 →|