Krabs vs. Plankton (Episode)
|Krabs vs. Plankton|
|Airdate:||May 13, 2005|
|Previous Episode:||The Lost Mattress|
|Next Episode:||Have You Seen This Snail?|
|SpongeBob SquarePants||Tom Kenny|
|Squidward Tentacles||Rodger Bumpass|
|Eugene H. Krabs||Clancy Brown|
Krabs vs. Plankton is an episode from Episodes/Season 4.
When Plankton is stopped by Mr. Krabs from stealing the Krabby Patty's secret formula, Plankton pretends to be hurt after slipping on a wet floor. He threatens to sue unless Mr. Krabs gives him the formula, but Mr. Krabs obviously refuses. The case creates a large disturbance in Bikini Bottom.
Mr. Krabs hires a lawyer, Richard A. Bottomfeeder, to help him out. Later, in Mr. Krabs' office, SpongeBob wants to read his speech to Mr. Krabs. However, Mr. Krabs makes SpongeBob a liability. As they prepare to leave for the court hearing, Bottomfeeder slips and falls, breaking his back. He gives SpongeBob his briefcase, saying, "The one thing you need to win this case is inside that case except for a suit." SpongeBob takes Bottomfeeder's suit and arrives late to the hearing, then dubs himself "SpongeBob LawyerPants." When the first witness takes the stand, SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs realize that Bottomfeeder did not give him the lock combination for the suitcase. The case goes horribly wrong for Mr. Krabs, who is also trying to open the case along with SpongeBob. SpongeBob tries to have Squidward say that Mr. Krabs is innocent, both believing that Squidward is a loyal employee. But however, Squidward instead reveals to the people that Mr. Krabs is cheap and also reveals that he only has one day off in three years. When Krabs says he is going to give up, SpongeBob gives a short sermon about going on. When he finishes, he hits the case lightly and it opens. They peer inside, only to find a Krabby Patty. Knowing how they can win the lawsuit, SpongeBob calls Plankton to the stand and subdues him with the Krabby Patty, eventually getting him to confess. Plankton then tries to steal the Krabby Patty, but quickly stopped. Even so, the jury goes into deliberation and finds Mr. Krabs "Not guilty (but still very cheap)." SpongeBob then gives Mr. Krabs a homemade "wet-floor" sign, riddled with nails and shoddy paint. Mr. Krabs accepts the gift, because it is free.
- Squidward only has one day off in three years.
- In the beginning of the episode, there is a misspelled word on the Chum Bucket menu: "CHILI" is misspelled as "CHLI."
- When Plankton enters the Krusty Krab, the second flag that adorns the exterior of the Krusty Krab has a black circle on it. When he leaves on a gurney, the circle is gone.
- This episode is a spoof of the shows "Judge Judy" and "The People's Court".
- When Plankton and Mr. Krabs enter the courtroom, The People’s Court's theme can be heard.
- The title card music for this episode is the theme song from the TV show Perry Mason.
- When SpongeBob is about to enter Mr. Krabs' office, he intones the song that typically plays during the credits, Cierre Bob Esponja.
- This was the first time to show the court room, the other time was in the Krusty Sponge.
- Richard A. Bottomfeeder was seen in later episodes most notably playing a tuba in Squidward's orchestra.
- Mr Krabs says 'Ah, Squidward, a loyal employee.' but Squidward isn't loyal at all.
- In reality, burning, shredding or any method of destruction used on money is considered treason impending upon the country the money is in, so in reality, SpongeBob would've actually been arrested for destroying money when he dropped that dollar in a blender rather than continue to be a fraud lawyer.
- The two crimes committed by SpongeBob were treason (destroying a dollar) & fraud (impersonating a lawyer). Despite these crimes, he still was not arrested.
- Strangely, lawyer suits come in square pants form.
- SpongeBob changed his last name to LawyerPants when he was impersonating a lawyer.
- Mr. Krabs
- Richard A. Bottomfeeder
- Krusty Krab customers
- Judge StickleBack
- Jury Members (some of them are Phil, Tom, and Evelyn)
- Plankton's Grandma (Mentioned)
 Songs and Transcript
- Transcript for Krabs vs. Plankton
- The People's Court Theme
|← Season 3 Season 4 Season 5 →|