Employee of the Month (Episode)
|Employee of the Month|
|Airdate:|| October 2, 1999
Denmark:25 november 2002
|Previous Episode:||The Chaperone|
|Next Episode:||Scaredy Pants|
|SpongeBob SquarePants||Tom Kenny|
|Patrick Star||Bill Fagerbakke|
Employee of the Month is an episode from Season 1.
- January 27, Wednesday: Employee of the month day
- January 15, Wednesday: Annoy Squidward Day
- January 2000
- Wiegenlied: Guten Abend, gute Nacht, Op. 49, No. 4 (Brahm's Lullaby)
- Song of the Volga Boatmen
At the Krusty Krab, SpongeBob reminds Squidward that it is Employee of the month award day. However, Squidward tells SpongeBob that the award is a scam, and Mr. Krabs is using it to make him work harder. SpongeBob doesn't believe him, and works harder. Mr. Krabs warns SpongeBob that Squidward might get the new Employee of the Month Award, and since SpongeBob has 26 consecutive awards (and wants a 27th), he starts worrying. Squidward says that he could get the award if he wanted to, and SpongeBob asks him to prove it.
They both decide that they will arrive at the Krusty Krab earlier than the other; SpongeBob tries to destroy Squidward's alarm clock so he won't wake up, but Squidward has a lot more in his closet. They set up traps early in the morning, but they finally get out and start running towards the Krusty Krab. They 'overwork' (ex: Squidward cleans the tables so much that he breaks them and then he and SpongeBob use two spatulas each to make hundreds of Krabby Patties), eventually causing the Krusty Krab to explode. As the Krabby Patties rain down from the sky, some of the citizens of Bikini Bottom believe that they are free, and while Mr. Krabs tries to makes the citizens pay for them, SpongeBob and Squidward ask him who is the Employee of the Month.
- When the "Drill Sergeant SpongeBob" appeared, he was in the March picture, probably a reference to an army march.
- A Teen Titans episode has an episode with the same title (though that isn't technically an allusion).
- SpongeBob has won the Employee of the Month award 26 times in a row, which means that (if he had gotten his first within his first month of working) he's been working at the Krusty Krab for 2 years and 2 months. Also, even though SpongeBob says he won Employee of the Month for 26 months, there's actually 43 frames of him on the wall.
- In The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie, SpongeBob won 374 times, meaning that he probably won the employee of the month in this episode.
- In the episode Pickles, Squidward burns everything he cooks including shakes, but in this episode he does not burn a single Krabby Patty.
- The employee of the month photos are again seen in The Original Fry Cook.
- When SpongeBob is trying to get to the Krusty Krab tied in Squidward's giant anchor, his lips don't move when he says Eyah! which shows a body language that he is very exhausted.
- Squidward reads a magazine entitled Frown Digest in this episode.
- This is the first episode pair to not feature Patrick.
- There are two possible outcomes on who won the Employee of the Month Award:
- No one since both SpongeBob and Squidward destroyed the Krusty Krab.
- SpongeBob because in the episode Breath Of Fresh Squidward, Squidward said to SpongeBob he wished he could be Employee of the Month.
- The title music for this episode is the same as Welcome to the Chum Bucket.
- The Song of the Volga Boatmen plays when Squidward and SpongeBob are dragging the ship and anchor (respectively) to the Krusty Krab.
- When SpongeBob was destroying a clock on top of the others, the other clocks weren't there after Squidward said "Stop it, SpongeBob!"
|Season 1 Season 2 →|