The Two Faces of Squidward (Episode)
|The Two Faces of Squidward|
|Airdate:||23 November 2007|
|Previous Episode:||What Ever Happened to SpongeBob?|
|SpongeBob SquarePants||Tom Kenny|
|Patrick Star||Bill Fagerbakke|
|Squidward Tentacles||Rodger Bumpass|
|Mr. Krabs||Clancy Brown|
The Two Faces of Squidward is an episode from Season 5.
- Squidward (The Handsome Man)
- Mr. Krabs
- Other Bikini Bottomites
- Dr. Gill Gilliam
- Sadie Rechid
- The Pink Fish
- Old Man Jenkins
- Miss Shell
It is a very busy day at the Krusty Krab. during this busy time, SpongeBob and visiting neighbor Patrick are playing together while ignoring the angry customers...and Squidward, who begins to argue with them. Finally, Squidward has had it and heads to the kitchen to deal with SpongeBob himself, only for SpongeBob to slam the door open on Squidward. This breaks the face of Squidward, and is soon at the hospital. While there SpongeBob gives Dr. Gill Gilliam an annoyingly dramatic scene. The doctor is able to tell SpongeBob to wait two weeks before Squidward's bandages can be removed. Oddly enough, it seems like two weeks have already passed. SpongeBob is already at the hospital, where he gives an old lady flowers (in which she can't remember what her favorite color of flowers are). Soon, he arrives to Squidward's room. Squidward was able to tell Gill Gilliam that he does not want SpongeBob anywhere near him, which Dr. Gill Gilliam says to SpongeBob, only for him to ignore it. After many tries for the bandages to be removed, only for SpongeBob to interrupt annoyingly, they're removed. The doctor and his nurse faint with glee, but SpongeBob and Squidward are dumbfounded. It turns out that Squidward's injury caused him to become handsome, or a hunk as SpongeBob called him. Soon, all of Bikini Bottom is full of glee and happiness due to Squidward's new face. In fact, it causes a few fish to become better or receive some of their mobility back! (one old lady, not the one SpongeBob saw earlier, was able to walk again after being in a wheelchair...all thanks to Squidward!) Squidward soon obtains a limo, and with SpongeBob, sighs in happiness over his new found fame...for now. Not long after he gets home, everyone in the city crowds around his house, and remain there the whole night. The next morning, they still want him to come out, and he does. As a result, everyone jumps on Squidward, where he's able to escape back into his house. Not long after, his shirt and his Clarinet are stolen. This also adds to the fact that Squidward has no privacy when doing things such as taking a bath. After this, Squidward is tired of the fame, and runs to the Krusty Krab to get SpongeBob for help. With everyone in the city just outside of locked doors that were locked as such due to Mr. Krabs, for some reason, SpongeBob continues to smack the door into Squidward to repeat the very incident that caused Squidward to become handsome in the first place. It does not work, but instead, causes Squidward to become even more handsome. Soon, SpongeBob spots a shoe, (which came off the foot of a fish when Squidward caused him to fly earlier), smash through the roof and moves directly toward Squidward. There is a slow motion scene of SpongeBob pushing Squidward out of the way of the shoe (the shoe hitting SpongeBob and ultimately causing no injury whatsoever) and into a support column of the building. The end result causes Squidward's face to return to normal. Mr. Krabs is upset over the departure of everyone, and tries to get Squidward's face back to its handsome look, but is unsuccessfull.
- The song SpongeBob and Patrick sing is in the tune of "Mary had a Little Lamb".
- This is one of the only episodes where SpongeBob and Squidward actually act as close friends. More recently, they've been close friends in some recent episodes post-Hillenburg returning.
- This is the second the Bikini Bottomites were chanting outside Squidwards house. The first was Christmas Who?
- Squidward was so handsome that miracles happened: he made a man fly, he made a blind Harold see again, he made Mary stand-up and walk again.
- This is the third episode to feature main characters in true form in the title card. The first episode to do this is Friend or Foe?, the second was WhoBob WhatPants, and the third was Oral Report.
- There are two famous song bits at the end where Squidward becomes more handsome. One of which is from the opera Pagliacci - Vesti la giubba by Ruggero Leoncavallo.
- Despite the title, we see three faces of Squidward. His normal form, the new handsome one, and the super handsome face.
- This is the third time the Bikini Bottomites are the main antagonists. The first and second are Squirrel Jokes and The Sponge Who Could Fly.
- First time Squidward is the victim of the Bikini Bottomite antagonists.
- Squidward breaks the fourth wall by turning to the camera and saying "Welcome to the Krusty Krab where its almost as if the revolutionary clock ticks backwards", because he is talking to the audience.
- Squidward's super handsome form has become an Internet meme after him falling was looped and set to "Ruined Street" from Mega Man 7 and uploaded to YouTube.
 Transcript and Song
|← Season 4 Season 5 Season 6 →|