Squirrel Jokes (Episode)
|Airdate:||27 November 2001|
|Previous Episode:||Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy III|
|SpongeBob SquarePants||Tom Kenny|
|Sandy Cheeks||Carolyn Lawrence|
|Patrick Star||Bill Fagerbakke|
|Mr. Krabs||Clancy Brown|
- Audience from the Komedy Krab
- Mr. Krabs
- Residents of Bikini Bottom
- Dougie Williams
For one night a week, the Krusty Krab is converted into The Comedy Krab, featuring some of Bikini Bottom's best comedians taking the stage. The first performance is by the great Dougie Williams. On this night, SpongeBob is one of them. He takes the stage, and begins giving an awful routine on his job, making poor jokes about salt, tomatoes and forks. A heckler tells him that his act "smells funny, and puts people to sleep," throwing him off further. So he starts telling 'squirrel jokes', and everyone starts laughing – except for Sandy. Sandy tries to talk to him about it; he says it's just an act and "everyone knows you're the smartest one in town". This is quickly disprove when everyone starts making fun of Sandy, and she is forced to confront SpongeBob once again.
On the next night, SpongeBob starts off in the same routine he had the last time, but not surprisingly, he leaves the stage. He then comes back looking like a real squirrel and his jokes get more and more offensive. After the performance, he receives a note from Sandy stating that she "realizes that all jokes are funny". Upon visiting her later, SpongeBob is shocked by Sandy's hillbilly looks, and her strange behavior, starting when she steals his water helmet when she needs a vase for her flowers. It only gets worse from there. Sight gags ensure, and by the time he's finished, SpongeBob's learned to tell jokes that make everyone laugh - next night he becomes funnier than ever. SpongeBob tells jokes about sponges like himself, starfish like Patrick Star, crabs like Mr. Krabs, and even fish like Fred and everyone else. He regains Sandy's friendship and she regains the town's respect.
- In the movie Firewall, SpongeBob can be heard saying "Did you ever notice how big squirrels’ teeth are?" in one of the scenes.
- When Sandy is in the grocery store and the three fish start making fun of her, the hat-wearing fish's lips flicker orange for a fraction of a second.
- When SpongeBob is filled with water at Sandy's treedome, he says, "No more squirrel jokes...", but his mouth doesn't move. But it might have been a thought.
- The title music for this episode was played during "There's a Face in my Bucket" in Dick and Dom in da Bungalow.
- SpongeBob says, "I knew sooner or later you'd understand." But the captions read, "I knew sooner or later you'd get it.
- In the middle of this episode, SpongeBob drops his microphone and goes behind the curtains, however, when he comes back, the microphone is not there.
- During the episode, we see that Sandy and Patrick sat together at the Krusty Krab throughout SpongeBob's act. They remain at the same table throughout. However, the image behind them initially depicts a window, but this changes to a wall, then back to a window in that order throughout the episode.
- This is the fourth episode between SpongeBob, Patrick, and Mr. Krabs; the first 3 were Suds, Arrgh!, and Neptune's Spatula; and the last 5 were Life of Crime, The Fry Cook Games, Driven to Tears, The Pink Purloiner, and Money Talks.
- When SpongeBob was talking about the salt shakers SpongeBob's tie was missing.
- When SpongeBob was trying to answer one of the jokes, his shirt was missing.
|← Season 1 Season 2 Season 3 →|