Picture Day (Episode)
|Airdate:||02 August 2007|
|Previous Episode:||Atlantis SquarePantis|
|Next Episode:||Pat No Pay|
|SpongeBob SquarePants||Tom Kenny|
|Patrick Star||Bill Fagerbakke|
|Squidward Tentacles||Rodger Bumpass|
"Picture Day" is an episode from Season 5.
SpongeBob wakes up in the morning and tells Gary that it is 'Picture Day'. SpongeBob then gets up and gets ready, and leaves his house with an umbrella. He says that he would love to talk to Squidward, but he can not because it is Picture Day. Then, after that, the garbage pick ups SpongeBob and put him in the trash! So SpongeBob runs back inside and cleans up. SpongeBob leaves and gets close to the boating school until he hears screaming and people are running away because teenagers are throwing balloons filled with Tomato Ketchup. One fish gets hit, and warns SpongeBob. Then a teenager comes past and tries to hit SpongeBob regardless of what SpongeBob has to say. More teenagers run towards SpongeBob but he hides on top of a hot dog restaurant.
Although SpongeBob was slightly saved, an old man squirts ketchup on SpongeBob. SpongeBob goes back home again, but puts on Sponge Gloss, a special cream that makes him look shiny. SpongeBob goes outside and dodges more people, until he can see the school in the distance. The sun then comes out, shines on the Sponge Gloss, reflects on a truck driver's eyes, which causes him to crash and water falls on SpongeBob, thus making the Sponge Gloss wash off. SpongeBob says that it is only water, but another truck crashes and stamps stick to him, then another truck crashes and oatmeal falls on him. Finally another truck crashes and glue gets all over him!
After that incident, SpongeBob takes a shower. Patrick enters SpongeBob's house and asks to borrow some jelly. SpongeBob allows him to, so he licks up all the jelly in the jar. SpongeBob then has an idea, and he jumps in the jar saying that he will be protected from all the dirty debris around Bikini Bottom. Patrick successfully arrives at the boating school although Patrick questions the jar and says "What did I bring jelly for?” Patrick pours SpongeBob on a peanut butter taco which makes SpongeBob cry.
Patrick then tells SpongeBob to get out of the taco but SpongeBob explains to Patrick that all he wanted was for him to have a good photo, and not be remembered as the guy with peanut butter and taco shells. After, we see Mrs. Puff taking SpongeBob in and we see another person getting their photo taken. SpongeBob is the last person to have his photo taken and SpongeBob asks Mrs. Puff to clean up although he was not able to. SpongeBob is still crying and he cries when he says cheese. So the photographer tries to cheer SpongeBob up, cleanses up SpongeBob and puts an outfit on him. SpongeBob still cries so the photographer grabs Pearlie, puts it in SpongeBob's mouth and it automatically smiles. After, SpongeBob looks back at his photo book with him wearing Pearlie on his teeth.
- This is the only appearance of the "Sponge Gloss".
- A gag in this episode is that SpongeBob takes a shower with his clothes on.
- SpongeBob has big teeth from Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy II and Rock-A-Bye Bivalve, but now in this episode he has Pearlie.
- SpongeBob says that someday he will graduate from boating school. This means that he doesn't know that he will never learn how to drive forever.
- It is assumed that the photographer may be Polish, Austrian, or German.
- The Photographer is almost certainly a reference to the "Be a Man" scene from the B-movie Julien Donkey Boy where the father sprays the son with a hose and tells him to "quit that moody brooding" and that "a winner doesn't shiver" in an Austrian like accent. Much like the photographer spraying down SpongeBob and telling him to "quit that moody brooding" and that "a winner doesn't shnivel" in a similar accent.
- When SpongeBob is taking the picture, he is wearing a green suit but in the picturebook, he is not.
- Patrick Star
- Mrs. Puff
- Gary the Snail
- The Pink Fish
- Old Man Jenkins
|← Season 4 Season 5 Season 6 →|