Opposite Day (Episode)
|Airdate:|| september 11, 1999
Denmark:14 october 2002
|Previous Episode:||Nature Pants|
|Next Episode:||Culture Shock|
|SpongeBob SquarePants||Tom Kenny|
|Patrick Star||Bill Fagerbakke|
Opposite Day is an episode from Season 1.
Squidward is annoyed by SpongeBob and Patrick and calls "Bikini Bottom Realty" to arrange for his house to be sold, so that he may move out of Bikini Bottom. He is warned that, if his home is surrounded by bad neighbors, the house may not be sold. Squidward is convinced that SpongeBob and Patrick may ruin his chances of selling his house.
So Squidward tells SpongeBob that it is "opposite day" - and that everyone must act differently to how they usually act. SpongeBob believes him and "informs" Patrick, who forces himself to stop breathing, until SpongeBob exclaims "not that opposite!"
SpongeBob then demolishes his house and a shocked Squidward cleans up the debris in order to guarantee that SpongeBob does not look like a bad neighbour. In the meantime, SpongeBob, Patrick and Gary start pretending to be Squidward, as Squidward is acting like SpongeBob, and immediately ruin his chances of getting his house sold. A furious Squidward shows them how much he hates them by attempting to run them over with a bulldozer.
- Squidward rebuilt the pineapple in this episode. However, in Home Sweet Pineapple (Episode), Truth or Square, and Home Sweet Rubble, it is a real pineapple.
- This episode cannot be on October 23rd (Squidward's birthday), because he says that it isn't his birthday.
- The title card is similar to Can you Spare a Dime?
- When they are talking backwards SpongeBob speaks gibberish, but when it is reversed it is-
- SpongeBob: Hey Patrick.
- Patrick: I give up.
- SpongeBob: To get to the opposite side. (Both Laugh)
This is a reference to why did the chicken cross the road, but just out of context.
|Season 1 Season 2 →|