Sing a Song of Patrick (Episode)
|Sing a Song of Patrick|
|Airdate:||19 February 2007|
|Previous Episode:||The Krusty Sponge|
|Next Episode:||A Flea in Her Dome|
|SpongeBob SquarePants||Tom Kenny|
|Patrick Star||Bill Fagerbakke|
|Squidward Tentacles||Rodger Bumpass|
"Sing a Song of Patrick" is an episode from Season 5.
At Near Mint Comics, Patrick sees an ad explaining a song-writing contest. Desperate to get his song on the radio he begs SpongeBob to help him write a song on pay the entry fee for the contest (which is $100). The winner gets his or her song played on the radio. They go to SpongeBob's house where Patrick asks SpongeBob to not disturb him while he writes his poem. Unfortunately, Patrick has difficulty writing his song, but then thinks, which causes his head to Stink up the room and a smell so strong that Squidward could smell it from his house. The next day at Bigshot Records, a band known as "The Stars" are doing some songs until they receive Patrick's song. Patrick's song somehow manages to kill the band, and at the funeral, Patrick arrives and receives his song. Patrick, goes back to SpongeBob's house where he and SpongeBob both listen to "I Wrote This". It destroys SpongeBob's pineapple, but SpongeBob loves it as much as Patrick does and they go to the radio station. After the radio station employees refuse to play the song, they decide to play the song on a record player suspended on the very top of the radio tower. It plays throughout Bikini Bottom, causing the citizens to freak out (Except for Old Man Jenkins). This causes the citizens to form an angry mob and pursue them. After several citizen demand to know who's responsible, Patrick admits he wrote the song and quickly composes another poem entitled "Ughhh...". People enjoy the song better than Patrick's other horrible "masterpiece" (but only because it got "I Wrote This" out of their heads. The gym teacher from Patrick's childhood shows up and believes Patrick needs another lesson. Both Patrick and SpongeBob are engulfed in dodgeballs.
- The original title for this episode was "I am the Starfish" a parody of the Beatles song "I am the Walrus". The song Patrick wrote makes no sense and does not have a main topic just like the song I am the Walrus.
- SpongeBob’s wallet fell out of nowhere.
- As a child Patrick has only one front Tooth and a blue hat with a dash of red. For unknown reasons, SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs had the same hat when they will children. SpongeBob's was seen in BlackJack, and Mr. Krabs' was seen in Krusty Krab Training Video.
- Second appearance of Bigshot Records. The first appearance was "Wigstruck."
- This is the last episode to be featured on the Season 5 Volume 1 DVD.
- SpongeBob and Patrick mistake the fire & angry mob for fireworks, a party, & Patrick's fan club.
- When Patrick placed the record player on the radio tower, it was broad daylight. But when the scene showed the song's effect on the city, it was nighttime. This could have been that they were high up, that by the time they got down it was nighttime.
- The only fish to enjoy the song were Old Man Jenkins, Patrick and SpongeBob.
- This title is a parody of the nursery rhyme Sing A Song Of Sixpence
- The writers missed a very good opportunity to insert Fred yelling "My Leg!" in this episode.
- When SpongeBob and Patrick are climbing the radio airel it is similar to the Doctor Who episode The Idiots Lantern.
- How can you play a record on the top of a radio antenna?
- Angry Mob
- Nat Peterson
- Old Man Jenkins
- The Stars (deceased)
Transcript and Songs
|← Season 4 Season 5 Season 6 →|