Roller Cowards (Episode)
|Airdate:||July 27, 2007|
|Previous Episode:||Krabs a la Mode|
|Next Episode:||Bucket Sweet Bucket|
|SpongeBob SquarePants||Tom Kenny|
|Patrick Star||Bill Fagerbakke|
Roller Cowards is an episode from Season 5.
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Dream SpongeBob
- Delicious dairy treat (debut; voiced by him)
- Patrick Star
- Dream Patrick
- Alternate-Universe Patrick
- Glovey Glove (debut)
- Larry the Lobster
- Guy operating the Fiery Fist O' Pain
- Old Man Jenkins
- Gary the Snail
One night in Bikini Bottom, SpongeBob is reading "The Ugly Mollusk" to Gary, when Patrick bursts through the wall with a TV in his hands yelling, "SpongeBob, you gotta see this!" Then on the TV came news that a new ride at Glove World, The Fiery Fist O' Pain, is a dangerous and extreme ride, which excites them into vowing to ride it on the first day. That night, however, SpongeBob has a nightmare about them dying on The Fiery Fist O' Pain, which terrorizes him.
The next morning they get on the bus to Glove World. After hearing gossip about the ride from fellow patrons, the two are terrified. They get off the bus and go up to the ticket patron. They check their pockets and, upon "finding" that they have no tickets they begin to go home, but the ticket patron spots where they hid their tickets and they enter. They are so scared, they decide ride the so-called, "baby rides," first. They find a ride called the Mitten, which is "suitable" for them. They get in the extremely small car and the man places a baby in their laps. SpongeBob and Patrick get scared every time they go up the small bump. They get off the ride whining, causing the baby to be angry at them.
They eventually get on line for The Fiery Fist O' Pain. They see an old man come out injured and they run off, however seconds later it was seen that the man just had a medical condition and could not get in to the ride. In order to waste time, they attempt to go to the bathroom in a marathon, but run into Larry who tells them about the stink under your arm when you go on the ride and Larry insist SpongeBob and Patrick to go to the ride immediately. SpongeBob and Patrick were so afraid getting in the ride they run off and Larry thinks he should stop making people smell his armpits. They then get some ice cream to soothe their nerves, causing Patrick to get ice cream all over his face, which prompts him to go to the bathroom and wash up. Meanwhile, SpongeBob talks to himself through his ice cream. SpongeBob and his ice cream had a fight and his ice cream beats him up. In the bathroom, Patrick's reflection calls him mean things such as calling him a cry baby because he is afraid to go on the ride. Patrick punches his reflection and returns to SpongeBob.
Just before the two can admit to their fears, SpongeBob hears the loudspeaker say that Glove World closes in 5 minutes, and so they enter the ride. The ride starts but they have difficulties. They are relieved, but finds out the ride does not have a problem after all. and the operator hits the start button. They rocket off and, though they cry, end up enjoying the ride, though they end the episode to find that they lost their spines.
- "The Ugly Mollusk" is a parody of the story "The Ugly Duckling".
- Glove World also appeared in Stephen Hillenburg's inspired episode Rock Bottom.
- After SpongeBob and Patrick finished the ride, they said "Let's go again", but in the scene before, it said that SpongeBob and Patrick were the last people to go on the ride for the day.
- It is possible that Old Man Jenkins's birthday is on July 27.
- This ride (Fiery Fist O' Pain) may cause:
- Projectile Vomiting
- Spine Loss
- Embarrassing Accidents
- Uncontrollable Gas
- Explosive Diarrhea (after that an explosion sound is heard)
- The computer that mentions the ride is over sounds like Karen.
- During the scene where Patrick gets a picture with Glovey Glove, there is a fence at the background. However, it vanishes when Patrick gets a picture of it.
- This is Miranda Cosgrove's favorite episode from the The Ultimate SpongeBob Sponge Bash.
- This is the third time SpongeBob and Patrick went to a carnival. The first time was in the episode Valentine's Day, the second was in Rock Bottom, and the fourth will be in Stuck in the Wringer.
- When Harold comes in with Old Man Jenkins in a wheelchair, he doesn't have a fin. When SpongeBob and Patrick run away, a fin appears.
|← Season 4 Season 5 Season 6 →|