Married to Money (Episode)
|Married to Money|
|Airdate:||May 6, 1988|
|Previous Episode:||The Fish Bowl|
|Next Episode:||Mall Girl Pearl|
|SpongeBob SquarePants||Tom Kenny|
|Squidward Tentacles||Rodger Bumpass|
|Sheldon J. Plankton||Doug Lawrence|
|Patrick Star||Bill Fagerbakke|
|Pearl Krabs||Lori Alan|
|Mr. Krabs||Clancy Brown|
Married to Money is an episode from Season 9.
- Mr. Krabs
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Patrick Star
- Squidward Tentacles
- Mrs. Puff (cameo)
- Sea Bears
- Bell Boy
Plankton has another attempt to steal the Krabby Patty Secret Formula using sea bears, but SpongeBob stops him by tickling the sea bears and covering himself with Jellyfish Honey, which sea bears apparently crave. Then Plankton and Mr. Krabs argue, and after Mr. Krabs says that he likes money a lot, Plankton says, "If you love money so much, why don’t you marry it?" Mr. Krabs says that it's not such a bad idea, giving Plankton an idea.
That night, Mr. Krabs takes out the trash from the Krusty Krab and hears someone crying. He spots a small lady made out of dollar bills on a nearby bench and is easily smitten. Mr. Krabs asks why she was crying and she says that her date was supposed to take her to the bank but stood her up. The lady introduces herself as Cashina, and Mr. Krabs asks if he could take her out to dinner. Cahsina says that she would love to. Unknown to Mr. Krabs, however, Cashina is actually a robot piloted by Plankton who intends to scam Mr. Krabs into giving him the secret formula.
At Fancy!, while eating spaghetti, Cashina asks Mr. Krabs if he knows any secrets or formulas. Mr. Krabs mentions that he knows one... but for delicious kisses. He then proceeds to kiss Cashina, but Plankton quickly presses a button that replaces her lips with ones that electrocute him on contact. Nevertheless, he took the kiss well.
At Mr. Krabs' house, Pearl finds out about his relationship with Cashina and disapproves it, claiming that she can't have a stepmother like the ones she saw in the movies because then she won't get her "Prince Charming." In an attempt to change her mind, Mr. Krabs introduces Pearl to Cashina. However, Pearl immediately doesn't like her and storms off to her room. Mr. Krabs wants to talk to Pearl, but Cashina says that she will do it alone. She successfully manages to get Pearl to like her, talking about girl things. Witnessing this, Mr. Krabs decides to propose to Cashina, bringing Plankton one step closer to the formula.
The next day, SpongeBob, Patrick, and Squidward set up wedding decorations all over the Krusty Krab. As the wedding between Mr. Krabs and Cahsina takes place, the two exchange vows and then kiss, causing Mr. Krabs to be electrocuted again. Thus, Mr. Krabs and Cashina are officially married. SpongeBob then provides Cashina a bouquet of flowers to toss towards a group of ladies attending the wedding, but Patrick catches and swallows the whole bouquet. At the reception, SpongeBob wonders where Plankton was the whole time as Mr. Krabs dances with Cashina and swings her around, causing Plankton to become dizzy.
Mr. Krabs and Cashina later go out to Honeymoon Hotel where he proceeds to kiss her again, only to be stopped. Cashina asks Mr. Krabs to tell her the secret formula and he says that he will. However, just as Mr. Krabs is about to tell her the formula, he starts sweating nervously and his eyes get watery. A teardrop falls on Cashina, causing her to malfunction and explode, revealing Plankton inside it. Mr. Krabs, shocked at the revelation, starts to get angry, but then gets depressed. He says that he's been alone for so long and that it was the first time that he fell for someone, and that although Cahsina wasn't real, his feelings were. Plankton just concludes that he was being crazy and runs out of the room, declaring that he will get the formula next time. Mr. Krabs breaks down sobbing, and a bellhop tries to console him, only to say that he has to tip him. Mr. Krabs then stashes away the money from when Cashina exploded and gives the bellhop a nickel.
- This episode premiered in Germany & Poland on April 29, 2016, a few days ahead of its U.S. airdate.
- This is Plankton's first appearance in 2016.
- Different variations of some of the music in the show are used in the episode, with varying instruments and pitches. This also occurs in later episodes.
- Mr. Krabs mentions he has never told anyone the Krabby Patty formula before, even though he has told SpongeBob, as revealed in "Truth or Square" and the SpongeBob Copies in "CopyBob DittoPants." This could be a hint that "Married to Money" takes place before "Truth or Square" and "CopyBob DittoPants," or simply a continuity error.
- Running Gag: Mr. Krabs getting electrocuted anytime he kisses robotic Cashina.
- The line "The name's Krabs, Eugene Krabs," is a reference to the James Bond films, where Bond says "The name's Bond, James Bond."
- This episode has a similar plot structure to the 2014 Rocky and Bullwinkle short, where Bullwinkle marries a robotic female moose with Boris controlling it from the inside.
- Pearl mentions Cinderella and Prince Charming, as "those movies on TV."
- When Cashina blows up and exposes, the money lands all on the floor, but when the angle changes the money is seen on the sofa.
- After Pearl says she is not wearing shoes, she is wearing her white boots in the next scene.
- Rather than once, Nat is shown twice in the marriage scene.
|← Season 8 Season 9 →Season 10|