|Airdate:||October 16, 2015|
|Previous Episode:||Pull Up a Barrel|
|Next Episode:||What's Eating Patrick?|
|SpongeBob SquarePants||Tom Kenny|
|Patrick Star||Bill Fagerbakke|
|Squidward Tentacles||Rodger Bumpass|
|Mr. Krabs||Clancy Brown|
Sanctuary! is an episode from Season 9.
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Gary the Snail
- Patrick Star
- Squidward Tentacles
- Mr. Krabs
- Pet Control Fish
- Bob Barnacle (only appearance)
- Esmerelda AKA Señor Poopus (only appearance)
- Baby Snails
- Snail Mom
- Walter (only appearance)
- Henry the Snail
- Electric Ronnie
- Mr. Buster
- Mary the Snail (only appearance)
- Paul the Snail
- Steve the Snail
- The Snail that Keeps Barfing on the Floor
- Mavis Jr.
- Boogala Shrimp the Snail
- Tom the Snail
- Old Ironsides
- Papa Dup
- The Snail who Shall Not Be Named
- Mrs. Buster
- 220 other snails
It is a sunny day and SpongeBob is taking Gary for a walk when he hears a meow from nearby. He then sees it and takes him home after naming him Senior Poopus. After he takes him home, Senior Poopus seems very happy and comfortable. Patrick then arrives and tells SpongeBob about the baby snails he left behind. SpongeBob quickly goes back to look and, sure enough, finds them. After taking them home and putting them under a heated blanket and giving them milk, another snail then bursts in and walks over SpongeBob right to the babies, apparently being the mother. Later, Another guy drops off a stray snail, saying "Thanks, snail guy!" Not long after that, there is a whole line of people waiting to give SpongeBob their snails, and SpongeBob eventually ends up with 258 snails.
- It is revealed that Squidward is allergic to snails, although there is only a reaction if there are many snails. He can stand a few, which is why he was never allergic to Gary, but probably one of the reasons that he didn't like Gary in "I Was a Teenage Gary".
- For the second time, Mr. Krabs is shown flirting with a male character that looks like a female. The first time was in "That's No Lady".
- Dani Michaeli's real life face makes an appearance as Donnie the Snail's face.
- Vince the Snail might have been named after crew member, Vincent Waller.
- Paul the Snail might have been named after executive co-producer, Paul Tibbitt.
- Steve the Snail might have been named after executive co-producer and series creator, Stephen Hillenburg.
- Tom the Snail might have been named after SpongeBob's voice actor, Tom Kenny.
- Jack the Snail might have been named after writer Jack Pendarvis.
- When SpongeBob is listing off some of the snails, he says, "the one that shall not be named". This is a reference to Harry Potter.
- This episode also has references to "The Hunchback of Notre Dame"
- The episode title: Sanctuary
- When SpongeBob puts Senor Poopus (Esmerelda) in his back and accidently gets sand in his mouth, resembling Quasimodo.
- Senor Poopus' real name being Esmerelda, a reference to the famous character.
- In his first scene, Donnie the Snail has a human-like face, but in scenes after that one, he has a normal snail face.
- It is unknown how Snail Mom knows where SpongeBob lives.
|← Season 8 Season 9 →Season 10|