Snail Mail (Episode)
|Airdate:||October 22, 2016|
|Previous Episode:||Food Con Castaways|
|Next Episode:||Pineapple Invasion|
|SpongeBob SquarePants||Tom Kenny|
|Patrick Star||Bill Fagerbakke|
|Sandy Cheeks||Carolyn Lawrence|
Snail Mail is an episode from Season 9.
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Patrick Star
- Gary the Snail
- Sandy Cheeks
- Mr. Krabs (cameo on a billboard)
- Mermaid Man (cameo in a magazine)
- Barnacle Boy (cameo in a magazine)
- Old Man Jenkins (cameo)
- Steve (cameo)
The episode opens up with SpongeBob bored because Patrick is away. SpongeBob then finds a Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy comic lying on the floor and reads the section about pen pals. He quickly decides to write a letter, although Gary's slime goes all over the letter, making the word 'frying' look like flying.
SpongeBob is then seen waiting inside his mailbox a few days later and immediately goes to read the letter the pen pal sent. When SpongeBob reads it, he realizes the pen pal misinterpreted frying as flying, and then reads on and sees that he is dying. After thinking about how it could affect him, he decides not to break the news and write back with another lie.
Another few days later, SpongeBob receives the next letter, and it says that he wants to see SpongeBob fly at the Bikini Bottom air show. Not knowing what to do, he goes to Sandy to seek help. She suggests learning to fly, which SpongeBob happily goes along with, but when faced with the simulator, is not very good at it and breaks it while crashing into his Pineapple house. It is the same when he actually flies, but Sandy decides that it is good enough.
At the air show, SpongeBob is there and comes across this old person in a wheelchair who he presumes the 'penpal,' but is actually just an old man choking on a Krabby Patty.
SpongeBob is then announced to be up next and gets on the plane, revising what he is going to do, before he is confronted by Steve who is dressed as death.
SpongeBob then goes to take off, and Patrick is running nearby and reveals that he is the 'penpal,' along with the other page of the letter. They both throw the letters up into the air, but they fly into SpongeBob's face, making him lose control and risk crashing many times until they eventually crash, and the fire department arrives.
SpongeBob and Patrick walk away with Patrick listing what else he would have wanted to see, and the episode ends with chaos at the air show.
- This episode premiered in Canada on October 7, 2016, two weeks before the episode aired in the USA.
- SpongeBob writes his name as “Spongebob Squarepants”, when it should be “SpongeBob SquarePants”.
- Although this episode has snail in the title, Gary rarely appears in this episode.
- Gary doesn't deliver the mail, even though an early image showed his doing so. This may have been the original plan. However, if it was, it was changed to this.
- This episode breaks the fourth wall when the plane stops just before it hits the ground and remains suspended in midair.
- One of the things on Patrick's list of things that he wants to see is edible balloons even though he has already seen a balloon made of chocolate in “Valentine's Day”.
- When Patrick fills the plane, a gas port is seen. In the next shot, it is not there.
|← Season 8 Season 9 →Season 10|