Two Thumbs Down (Episode)
|Two Thumbs Down|
|Airdate:||March 12, 2016|
|Previous Episode:||Mall Girl Pearl|
|Next Episode:||Sharks vs. Pods|
|SpongeBob SquarePants||Tom Kenny|
|Squidward Tentacles||Rodger Bumpass|
|Sandy Cheeks||Carolyn Lawrence|
|Mr. Krabs||Clancy Brown|
|Patrick Star||Bill Fagerbakke|
Two Thumbs Down is an episode from Season 9.
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Patrick Star
- Sandy Cheeks
- Mr. Krabs
- Squidward Tentacles
- Dr. Manfish
- Gary the Snail (in a picture)
- Hospital Patient
- Plum Puller
- Thumb Con Patrons
SpongeBob and Patrick play thumb war and SpongeBob wins. He gives Patrick a thumbs up, making Patrick feel good. He then goes to work and gives the customers and Mr. Krabs a thumbs up, and Squidward two thumbs up. Then he meets Sandy on the street and gives her the thumbs up as well. Sandy asks SpongeBob if he feels like he's using the thumbs up too much but he says no and he goes to cross the street and gives everyone a thumbs up.
He does another one and then breaks both his thumbs. He goes to the hospital and Dr. Manfish tells him he can't say for certain if he'll be able to use his thumbs again. He goes to the Krusty Krab where he can't cook Krabby Patties anymore due to his injury. SpongeBob is upset and mopes around his house. Sandy finds him and tells him he needs to find a purpose in life again.
SpongeBob then mends his thumbs through training and goes to the Krusty Krab where Patrick has taken his job. They then have another thumb war to determine who gets the job. SpongeBob wins and gets his job back, happily.
- At the start of the episode, SpongeBob and Patrick were playing thumb war. It could be a reference to the show Thumb Wrestling Federation.
- This is the third time Patrick works at the Krusty Krab and the second time he is fry cook. His first time working at the Krusty Krab in general was "Big Pink Loser" and his second overall and first as a fry cook was "Bummer Vacation".
- The live-action scenes played when SpongeBob's thumbs are breaking are suppose to represent how his thumbs are feeling at that moment in time. Here is a list of the live-action scenes that are used.
- Two steam locomotives colliding.
- The 1940 Tacoma Narrows Bridge collapse (also seen in "To SquarePants or Not to SquarePants").
- A tree falling down on the ground.
- A bird stuck in a tree.
- A baby that is crying.
- There's a scene where SpongeBob is shown in front of Bikini Bottom. Then the next scene shows him immediately walking to his pineapple.
- This is the fourth time Sandy has been referred to as Sandra. The first time was in "Patrick SmartPants" the second time was in "Atlantis SquarePantis" and the third time was in "Kenny the Cat".
- The mom with the baby on the bench appear during the thumbs song, but they disappear when they zoom out and show the thumb convention.
|← Season 8 Season 9 →Season 10|