CopyBob DittoPants (Episode)
|Airdate:||May 5, 2016|
|Previous Episode:||Sharks vs. Pods|
|SpongeBob SquarePants||Tom Kenny|
|Squidward Tentacles||Rodger Bumpass|
|Mr. Krabs||Clancy Brown|
|Patrick Star||Bill Fagerbakke|
|Sheldon J. Plankton||Doug Lawrence|
CopyBob DittoPants is an episode from Season 9.
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- 299 SpongeBob SquarePants copies
- Me Two
- Me Three
- Squidward Tentacles
- Mr. Krabs
- Patrick Star (cameo)
- Kid with the Fan Hat
- Short Customer
When Plankton, Karen, and SpongeBob throw a party, SpongeBob gets tricked into putting his face on a copy machine. Plankton puts the copier on "Scan" and it scans SpongeBob. He clicks print and makes a SpongeBob clone the next day and then he colors the tie blue/cyan with a marker.
Then the next day, at the Krusty Krab, the copy walks over to the real SpongeBob and they work for Mr. Krabs. Squidward goes crazy because he thinks he's dreaming, causing him to beat up customers and Mr. Krabs.
Plankton makes 305 more clones to ask for the formula but then after they find out what the formula is twice, one of them turn into a light gray hue. SpongeBob found out that one of his copy was made to steal the formula also. The copy rolled up into the shape of a burrito and then vanished in mid-air. As SpongeBob cries for his loss of his friends and Plankton asks the other copies about the formula, the other clones quickly vanishes. Mr. Krabs comes with the paychecks for the copies, and the final copy disappears. When Plankton comes out to find another SpongeBob, he asks for the formula before he disappears, but it was the real SpongeBob. SpongeBob is still sad for the loss, but Plankton says that the citizens are better with one SpongeBob. Squidward comes back and then squishes Plankton after trying to fly and Plankton says "Right on my keys." and the episode ends.
- This episode marks the first time Karen has a speaking role since The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water, although her first new appearance was a non-speaking cameo in "Mall Girl Pearl".
- This is the first episode to have a title card with the title being repeated more than twice.
- This is the first time Patrick appears in an episode, without him communicating with SpongeBob, even though he was playing with SpongeCopies.
- This episode also confirms, as of this episode, Plankton has no children.
- In the scene where a bunch of clones march out of the Chum Bucket to the Krusty Krab, it is a reference to The Wizard of Oz.
- Patrick's line, "Life is nothing but a walking shadow", is a reference to "Macbeth" by William Shakespeare.
- This episode must take place before "Married to Money" because in that episode, Mr. Krabs claimed he never told anyone the secret formula, and in this episode he had no problem telling the SpongeCopy's the secret formula. Or this could simply be a continuity error, or Mr. Krabs lied to Cashina.
- It's unknown how the SpongeBob copies were able to each get a Krusty Krab Employee Hat since Plankton was not shown cloning the hates and Mr. Krabs was never shown giving the copies their own hates.
- The location of Karen's wheels change throughout the episode. Occasionally they are beneath the lower platform, but sometimes they also appear outside the lower platform, like in other episodes.
- When SpongeBob and CopyBob first walk into the Krusty Krab, the cup behind Squidward on the boat is not there, but then appears after the fish orders.
- Also, at the same time, one of CopyBob's eyelashes has a different color, as well as part of his left eye.
|← Season 8 Season 9 →Season 10|