Please note: Due to constant attempts by spambots to gain access to SpongePedia, account creation is currently disabled. We apologize for any inconvenience.
You are not logged in. Please log in to get the full benefit of SpongePedia.
For further questions go to SpongePedia:Contents !
Pineapple Invasion (Episode)
|Airdate:||July 14, 2016|
|Previous Episode:||Snail Mail|
|Next Episode:||Salsa Imbecilicus|
|SpongeBob SquarePants||Tom Kenny|
|Squidward Tentacles||Rodger Bumpass|
|Sheldon J. Plankton||Doug Lawrence|
Pineapple Invasion is an episode from Season 9.
- French Narrator
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Mr. Krabs
- Squidward Tentacles
- Sheldon J. Plankton
- French Narrator
- Karen Plankton
- Gary the Snail
- SpongeBob's Grandson (final appearance, indirectly mentioned)
- Don the Whale
- Nat Peterson
At the Chum Bucket, Plankton is on a wagon preparing for another attempt to steal the Krabby Patty Secret Formula. He is pushed into the Krusty Krab and reveals from underneath the blanket covering the wagon a skunk (which he named Mr. Stinky) to everyone there. The customers think the skunk to be just a cat, but Plankton sets Stinky off by scaring him with a bee. All of the customers, Squidward, SpongeBob, and Mr. Krabs frantically leave the Krusty Krab due to the stink. Mr. Krabs knows that Plankton is in the Krusty Krab alone and takes one of SpongeBob's arms to use as a nose plug and heads inside. Mr. Krabs heads into his office to find Plankton surrounded the safe with dynamite. Unfortunately for Plankton, the safe has another safe inside and Mr. Krabs crushes Plankton with his fist and is tossed out of the window by SpongeBob. Mr. Stinky is removed from the restaurant by the HAZMAT Unit and sent away back up to the surface in a basket lifted up by balloons, only for the little number of balloons to bring him back down toward Bikini Bottom, causing the people to run away. Mr. Krabs, worried something like that will happen again, wants SpongeBob to take the secret formula home with him while he makes adjustments to his safe. However, the two of them didn't know Plankton was listening to everything with is severed antenna.
Later at closing time, SpongeBob tries to sneak home with the formula but is greeted by Plankton. The two of them talk for a little bit until SpongeBob excuses himself to go home. The next morning, SpongeBob is seen talking to Gary entrusting the safety of the secret formula to him. Plankton is spying on them and watches as SpongeBob leaves. Plankton then disguises himself as a door-to-door salesman selling snail products. However, Gary closes the door on him and Plankton angrily walks off. Moments later, Plankton is disguised as a Sweetie Patrol Girl and tries to sell cookies to Gary, but Gary ends up putting the sofa with Plankton on it outside. Plankton throws down the cookies in a fit of anger and gets blown up as a result, making a mental note that nitroglycerin is not a good substitute for vanilla extract.
Plankton finally manages to get inside SpongeBob's house by distracting Gary with a fake cut-out of himself. Plankton searches through SpongeBob's house tearing up everything in sight until he is confronted by Gary. Gary manages to beat up Plankton until Plankton escapes through Gary's shell thinking the secret formula is inside. Gary's eyeball starts to chase Plankton throughout his shell. SpongeBob eventually comes home and is horrified by the condition of his house. However, he is glad that the secret formula is safe (which was on top of his television the entire time). SpongeBob notices something is wrong with Gary and decides to take him to the vet. Back inside Gary's shell, Plankton makes it to the center of the shell and appears to have gotten the secret formula. However, it turns out that Plankton was hallucinating the entire time due to the fumes from Gary's shell and runs off into the sunset with what he believes to be the formula (which was actually SpongeBob's grocery list).
- The title card for this episode is similar to Big Sister Sam.
- This is the first time a main character says "MY LEG," Plankton used it after Gary slammed the door on him.
- This is the second time Plankton sells cookies in an attempt to get the secret formula. The first time was in "Sweet and Sour Squid."
- This is the second time SpongeBob lies about his hair. The first time was in "The Smoking Peanut."
- This is the third time the word "Pineapple" is in the title of the episode. The first was in "Home Sweet Pineapple," and the second was in "Pineapple Fever."
- This is the first time that the word "Pineapple" is in the title, but not using the same background as the others.
- This is the third time Plankton uses the phrase, "I went to college!" against someone. The first time was in "Plankton!," and the second time was in "Imitation Krabs."
- List of objects seen in Gary's shell when Plankton goes inside:
- A bowling ball
- A toothbrush
- A clarinet
- A nickel
- A teddy bear (possibly Beary)
- A treasure chest
- A diamond
- This episode reveals that Plankton hates pineapple.
- This episode reveals that shortly after SpongeBob made his first Krabby Patty, which was featured in "Friend or Foe," he got it bronzed.
- In this episode, the Chum Bucket hand can open. However, in "20,000 Patties Under the Sea," the hand transforms into a submarine.
- Plankton may have replaced it since it crashed in that episode.
- This episode might take place shortly after "Help Wanted" as SpongeBob has the Krusty Krab poster, which only ever appeared in that episode.
- However, it is possible that SpongeBob put it back up to lead Plankton off the trail of where the formula was.
- Ironically, both this episode and the sister episode end with Plankton at sunset.
 International Airdates
- September 15, 2016 (Latin America)
- October 14, 2016 (Canada)
- November 20, 2016 (Russia)
- December 5, 2016 (Poland)
- December 6, 2016 (Germany)
- December 14, 2016 (Iberia)
- December 17, 2016 (France)
- December 30, 2016 (Greece)
- March 14, 2017 (United Kingdom)
|← Season 8 Season 9 →Season 10|